NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
46,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comparison: 2011 Toyota Sienna SE vs. 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L vs. 2010 Dodge Caravan SXT
Family (Hauler) Feud: Three Minivans Square Off in a Contest Almost too Close to Call

1st Place: Toyota Sienna SE

Brilliant (for a minivan) driving dynamics and intelligent second- and third-row packaging make for the smartest choice. The good looks don't hurt its case.

2nd Place: Honda Odyssey EX-L
The rich interior isn't enough to make up for this giant's doldrums driving dynamics or goofy exterior treatment. Interior packaging isn't as good as in the Toyota, either.

3rd Place: Dodge Caravan SXT
Stow 'n' Go is still good enough to let this otherwise dated Dodge play with the big boys. A refresh is coming, and not a minute too soon.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Interesting how InsideLine put the Oddy at #1 and the Sienna at #2.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I don't know where you are seeing excitement. :shrugs:

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Except for TRD's post I think you need your sarcasm meter checked. :chuckles:

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
This doesn't surprise me. I just drove a 2011 Sienna SE for 8200 miles (about 5 months). It was a great vehicle - I really enjoyed driving it. I actually thought quite a few times about cashing in my 05 Sienna CE and replacing it with the new SE, but the CE is way too paid for to do that :D

·
Super Moderator
46,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update!

2011 Minivan Comparison Test
1st Place: 2011 Toyota Sienna SE
Does it have genuine swagger? Maybe not, but the Sienna SE offers the best all-around package of comfort, performance and value in a minivan under $40,000.

2nd Place (tie): 2011 Nissan Quest SL
The surprise of the group, the Quest has a sweetheart of a drivetrain, a great ride/handling balance and the quietest cabin. Big hauling jobs aren't its forte, though.

2nd Place (tie): 2011 Honda Odyssey EX
Dynamically, it's the most accomplished minivan ever, and it has the most passenger room, but in EX trim, you're locked out of desirable features.

4th Place: 2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L
Vast improvements make the feature-packed T&C a contender again, though it lacks the refined ride and smooth-shifting transmission of the higher finishers.

5th Place: 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew
A new interior and retuned suspension restore Dodge's credibility in the minivan world. It's less refined than its peers, though, and its front seat is cramped.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
The Sienna isn't the Camry of minivans for nothing. Judging from the comments it might have better driving dynamics than a Camry though. :chuckles:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts