NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
We have a 2007, great minivan I have to admit and I hate these kind of vehicles with a passion but with 2 kids it's God send...the 3.5 litres engine kicks a$$ too.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
They are basically the same platform but Estima>Sienna for me. I'd rock any of the two though.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
The original Previa was to swoopy for the US. Switching to a different body design for the Sienna was a good move for the US, the subsequent Estimas might not have appealed to a large audience in the US with the continuation of space age inspired styling.

·
Super Moderator
47,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Update!

ALL-NEW THIRD-GENERATION TOYOTA SIENNA MAKES WORLD DEBUT
Power, Plus Efficiency A choice of two responsive DOHC engines will be available: a 3.5-liter V6 or 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine. Both engines offer the latest in efficient, lightweight technology, including Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i), roller rocker arms and an Acoustically Controlled Induction System (ACIS) that changes the length of the air-intake pipe to supply more torque on demand.

The 3.5-liter V6 makes 266 horsepower at 6,200 rpm, with expected EPA-estimated
mileage ratings of 18 mpg city/24 mpg highway (16 mpg city/22 mpg highway on AWD models). It also has a 3,500-pound tow capacity. With 187 horsepower at 5,800 rpm, the 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine produces responsive power that exceeds some competitors V6 performance, while delivering expected EPA-estimated fuel efficiency ratings of 19 mpg city and 26 mpg on the highway.

Both engines are matched with state-of-the-art, electronically controlled six-speed
transmissions with sequential shift that provide smooth gear-shift feeling, quiet performance and a lightweight, compact size.

The suspension uses front MacPherson struts, combined with rack-and pinion steering
for smooth, linear steering feel. Electronic Power Steering (EPS) delivers a more solid direct on-road feel. With a wider stance, the new Sienna has a more direct steering feel. Under-body aero parts also contribute to dynamic performance.

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
theres no 'faintly' about it. lol

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Cross an RX350 with a Venza and the previous Sienna and this is what you get. They got it right, again. There's a hybrid on the way too, probably.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
I would much rather have one of these-

Mugen Odyssey

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
But...but... the Mugen Odyssey is not a minivan, it's an Accord wagon. Haterz!

:chuckles:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts