NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 303 Posts

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
I don't know, I've seen some pretty butt that would be offended by that. Probably the ugliest Civic ever. :chuckles:

·
Registered
826 Posts
I like the current (not new) Civic SI. It's like modernizing the late 90s version of the Civic SI. It handles and feels better, too.

The name Civic still lives, but it isn't the little zippy car we once knew. Just like most Americans, average civic is getting bigger and heavier.
This has happened across the entire Honda line not just the Civic. Honda introduced the Fit and the City as the new introductory Honda car. The Fit is more like the pre 2000 civic.

Also I'm confused about your statement about you not liking the "new" civic Si when a concept hasn't even been introduced yet? Current information coming out of the rumor mil is that the new Civic Si will be smaller than the current Si and receive the TSX K24 and go back to the independent rear suspension. Just rumors of course.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
the car has a kammback - its better for fuel efficiency - that's why the CR-Z, Insight and Prius are shaped the way they are.
Right..... so why make another CR-Z? Because thatis what this is starting to become.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
because the CR-Z only seats 2 people and only has 2 doors.
The CR-Z was two seats? Well damn.... I did not realize that.

·
Super Moderator
43,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Update!

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/1898242908?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=507105210001&playerID=1898242908&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/1898242908?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=507105210001&playerID=1898242908&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
HAM probably rethought themselves knowing that there wouldn't be nearly enough room to even squeeze your average American back there.

·
Registered
826 Posts
HAM probably rethought themselves knowing that there wouldn't be nearly enough room to even squeeze your average American back there.
Sadly this is true. I remember the days when finding fat people was actually kinda hard to do. This past weekend I would say more than 1/2 were visibly over weight/obese.

Also new civic doesn't look sexy at all.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
Sadly this is true. I remember the days when finding fat people was actually kinda hard to do. This past weekend I would say more than 1/2 were visibly over weight/obese.

Also new civic doesn't look sexy at all.
I think it is more then that around me.

I know looks are to the eye of the beholder, I just can't find any civics that are sexy looking. Just don't like the curves.

·
Super Moderator
43,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Update!

Spy Shots: 2012 Honda Civic Sedan
Once again we've got spy shots of the 2012 Honda Civic. This time we're seeing a four-door sedan version we'll see in the U.S. as opposed to the four-door hatch that seemingly only enthusiasts want.

This next-generation Civic will be smaller than the current Civic, though that's hard to gauge from these photos. We can see is the new small window a-la the Fit, immediately behind the A-pillar; a strong kink in the C-pillar; a sweeping character line on the lower panels and a more pronounced beltline. And while we have no shots of the interior-- yet-- we can see through the window that some manner of over / under gauges remain just like the current Civic and the Honda CR-Z.

·
Registered
826 Posts
More on the US Civic from Temple of VTEC

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=920423
TOV said:
The 9th generation Honda Civic has just begun testing in the desert and we've been shooting photos of a prototype all day!

Originally, the 9th gen Civic was set to debut in the Summer of 2010 as a 2011 model, but once CAFE regulations changed and the auto industry hit hard times in 2009, Honda had to rethink things. Rumors stated Honda originally wanted to make the Civic larger, but as you can see from the photos, the overall size of the 2012 Civic will remain largely unchanged.

While the camouflage is pretty heavy, we can see peeks at a new grille and headlights. The front end looks more upright overall as well. The doors also have some fresh character lines.

While the current Civic has a 1.8L 4-cylinder, rumors are floating around that the base motor may get bumped to 2.0L.

Thankfully, we hear the "Si" models will continue. Watch for production of the new Civic to start in the Spring or Summer of 2011.

Brenda Priddy & Company

White EX-L?

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
oh wow the SI models will continue huh?

That car was barely competitive when it came out (it was basically an RSX-S with an LSD and a ****tier rear suspension, which was cutting edge in 2002).

Now it can't hold a candle to any other sport compacts out there.

·
Registered
826 Posts
oh wow the SI models will continue huh?

That car was barely competitive when it came out (it was basically an RSX-S with an LSD and a ****tier rear suspension, which was cutting edge in 2002).

Now it can't hold a candle to any other sport compacts out there.

:( SER Spev V, GTI, ummmmm.... ummm.... that's all I got :(

·
Super Moderator
43,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Update!

Spy Photos: 2012 Honda Civic Coupe
And now we have the unavoidable 2012 Honda Civic Coupe. As you can see, the kinked C-pillar treatment from the sedan carries over as does the strong beltline.

What we get more of (after the jump) is the new, more upright and angular face of the 2012 Civic Coupe and a look at some production-spec wheels rolling on Michelin Pilot Hx MxM4 tires. For those of you paying close enough attention, those are the stock tires available for the 2010 Honda Civic Si. So while we're not going out on that limb... But, big wheels, correct tires, more prominent nose and rear disc brakes. We very well could be looking at the 2012 Honda Civic Si.

No word on powertrain options, but as this car remained small for fuel economy reasons, expecting a HP boost could lead to disappointment.

·
Registered
826 Posts
SER Spec V is a piece of ****, you're right.

GTI whips major ass - reflash = 270 hp/300+ ft lbs, plus the DSG in those things is insanely good.
We're talking stock! I know about their damn reflash and freaken 80-90 gain in torque again I leave you with :(

Also the front a rear is looking more like a MMC although I did notice the windshield is not at as steep of an angle as before. Reminds me a little bit of a 350Z

21 - 40 of 303 Posts