NewCelica.org Forum banner

41 - 60 of 303 Posts

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
We're talking stock! I know about their damn reflash and freaken 80-90 gain in torque again I leave you with :(

Also the front a rear is looking more like a MMC although I did notice the windshield is not at as steep of an angle as before. Reminds me a little bit of a 350Z
alright well, stock for stock . . . . I chose the SI over the GTI because the SI handled better, had a better shifter, wasn't quite as fast or luxurious, but was $5000 cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
43,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Update!

2012 Honda Civic Interior
What we see here, despite a new look, is the same-ol' same ol' from Honda. Split-level dash with the lower portion dominated by a large tachometer, an upper level with speedometer, trip computer, etc.

While the formula is what we're used to, the overall look here is blockier, and the tach looks much easier to read and the single-zone climate and stereo appear even more canted towards the driver. The wheel, too, is different. It still appears to keep the same, sculpted shape of the outgoing Civic, but the buttons--especially that circular one on the right-- are different.

I like that right off the bat. I hate the current Civic's interior with a passion.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
I love the driver oriented center stack. Its very Supra-esque.

·
Super Moderator
43,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Update!

2012 Honda Civic sedan spied almost naked
As you can see in the spy video, the front and rear fascias are updated; a new grille and bumper appear up front, while out back, all-new taillamps will be the most distinguishing visual element on the 2012 car. The overall profile of the Honda Civic sedan is clearly a carryover, however.

Likewise, the interior has been mildly tweaked with a new steering wheel and some updated trim panels, but it's basically window dressing over the passenger cabin recent Civic owners are familiar with.
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aDffgtjd7Sc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aDffgtjd7Sc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Need some real drivetrain info...

·
Super Moderator
43,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
2012 Honda Civic Concept

Honda Will Introduce 2012 Civic Concept at Detroit
You can see a teaser of that concept in the drawing here and, needless to say, it appears the next Civic will closely resemble the current vehicle -- at least from the front. The wheels remind us of the recently released 2012 Audi A6, but the sharply raked windshield is all Honda. A more aggressive lower fascia with LED daytime running lights in the foglight surrounds is new, and the grille is a bit smaller than the one on the outgoing car.

The side mirrors will be mounted on the doors, rather than at the end of the side glass. Honda is known for producing concepts that bear a close resemblance to the production vehicles, so keep your eyes on this site for all updates on the Civic Concept and other Detroit show debuts.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
not a fan of the civic after the 2000 model. Every honda now just looks like a 1 off of the other one. Aleast the honda civic had its own look to it then. But atleast hondas still putting a average joe sports car out there unlike toyota. Please to say well they have scion its straight up junk

·
Registered
826 Posts
I still have hope for the Si to return as a hatchback.
You most likely wont see that in North America. The Civic has moved up to replace the Accord. Also Americans like Coupes a little more than Sedans. Europe is the place to go if you want a hatch. It's not really a compact anymore and it's not really a mid sized. Honda has the CR-Z, Fit and I think the insight is a hatch.

Need some real drivetrain info...
The Si trim is gonna have to be the K24. They don't produce the K20's anymore. And it'll probably be the R20 or maybe the R18 from the last gen for the others. Most people will probably be buying K20 heads and bolting them on the 24 bottom considering VTEC is only on the intake cam for the K24's.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Everyone has been cracking out ugly designs lately, IMO.
Not Ford/GM/Hyundai.

I love the new Civic. You basically take the current model, give it a Camry rear end and call it a day.

**** Honda. We have driven Hondas for 15 years in my family and I actually like the way the Accord drives, but for my next car I am downsizing.

Not to mention the current gen Civic and the Fit do not hold a candle to the Elantra, Fiesta etc.

41 - 60 of 303 Posts