NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
46,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda Updates Fit for 2012
Beginning with the 2012 Fit Sport, the exterior updates include a revised front grille and bumper, black headlight bezels and a dark "machined surface" finish for the alloy wheels.

Inside, the Sport benefits from a dark metallic dashboard trim that replaces the previous gray and black themes, the addition of chrome accents around the instrument displays, plus standard steering wheel-mounted audio controls and upgraded seat fabrics.

Furthermore, when equipped with a navigation system with Voice Recognition, the Fit Sport now includes Bluetooth HandsFreeLink.

The base Fit model gains body-color exterior mirrors and updated wheel covers, while all models get newly designed console-mounted center beverage holders along with console ambient lighting, and added sound insulation measures in the floor, front fenders and A-pillars, plus thicker front corner-window glass.

All Fit models are powered by a 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine generating 117HP at 6,600 rpm and 106 lb-ft. of torque at 4,800 rpm.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Meh. Why is there too many windows.
I was kinda wondering about that, too.

However, this might be my first Honda to own. I like the Fit and with the seats down, it could hold a lot of stuff.

After a few years with the Z, I'd prob opt for the Fit as my daily driver.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Meh. Why is there too many windows.
Due to safety standards they are raising more and more the "door line" and having less window area due to bigger pillars.

Its only normal that they are trying to remove blind spots with that.

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
Same window area, not less. More thinner pillars with the same amount of glass. With thinner pillars more are needed to provide structural support. Might remove blind spots but also lessens the size of the roll up windows which reduces weight. Less weight=better MPH. The designers are doing their best but it's still ugly as hell, just like the new civic.

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
It doesn't look like any of the smaller pillars provide any structural support.

·
Super Moderator
46,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_zBvrKj-0E4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2013 Honda Fit EV
Honda said that the Fit EV's MSRP is $36,625 with an estimated lease priced at $399 a month. It will initially be offered for lease to customers in select California and Oregon markets next summer, followed by six East Coast markets in early 2013.

The Japanese automaker said that it expects to produce around 1,100 Fit EVs over the next three years, though the number may increase if there's sufficient interest in the car.

The Fit EV is powered by a 20 kWh lithium-ion battery and a 92 kW (equal to 124HP) coaxial electric motor sourced from the FCX Clarity.

It also features a 3-mode electric drive system adapted from the CR-Z Sport Hybrid that allows the driver to select between Econ, Normal and Sport to either maximize efficiency or improve acceleration. Honda says that in Econ mode, driving range can increase by as much as 17-percent compared to driving in Normal mode, while Sport mode is claimed to "significantly" improve acceleration.

Other energy-saving features include a highly efficient electric air conditioning system and new regenerative braking system.

According to Honda, with a 240-volt charger, the Fit EV can fully recharge in about three hours, in which case it has a driving range of 123 miles (198 kilometers) in the city and 76 miles (122 kilometers) in combined city and highway driving.

·
Super Moderator
46,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Update!

Takeros Honda Fit Turbo
Head-on the Takero’s Fit still looks impressive, but the widebody sub-compact looks a little absurd from any other angle. The obvious advantage, however, is the ability to fit wider tires for more grip, with some massive 225/35/18 rubber on this machine. And that extra tire is no doubt necessary to help put down the extra power generated by the new turbocharger setup. Unfortunately, Takero’s hasn’t released any specs on the kit, but we’d expect something close to the 180 hp mark.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
And the battery tech is already out-of-date. Trade in your battery-using powerplant cars now, people...

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Fit Turbo and Yaris Turbo. I see a trend. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Like the FR-S/BRZ turbo, the Forte Koup turbo, the Focus turbo? :D

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
More like battle of econo-hatches.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Well-equipped turbos will be at the FR-S/BRZ price point it seems...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts