NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lamborghini Jota spied (Murcielago replacement)
January 15, 2010 by Alborz Fallah

When spy photographers get to have their way they tend to snap away some really impressive things. This just in from a secret test track for the Volkswagen/Audi group in northern Scandinavia is the brand new Lamborghini Supercar set to replace the ageing Murcielago.

In freezing temperatures our spy photographers have caught what many think is called the Jota, according to the photographer the new supercar had began its testing this week and it was finally snapped recently.

Physically its about the same size as the Murcielago but reports say it will sport a lighter frame and have even more power from its upgraded V12 powerplant with direct injection. Some say it will have at around 700 horsepower (520kW).

Part of weight saving is achieved by swapping the Murcielago

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
To me it looks like a mix of Murcielago and Diablo indeed, but with a speck of old Chrysler LH sedan cabforward thrown in. :chuckles:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could see batman rocking it.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
From the side shots the air vents look even more stupid big.

·
Super Moderator
46,298 Posts
Update!

2012 Lamborghini Jota rendered
This latest rendering gives us a new idea as to what the upcoming super car might look like. What we do know is that the 2012 Jota will feature a host of lightweight aluminum body parts, making it much lighter than its predecessor and will be powered by a brand new V12 producing around 700 HP.

Jetta head-lights, nice.

·
Super Moderator
46,298 Posts
Update!

Lamborghini Jota Caught Testing in Southern Europe
Visible details include big side air intakes and aerodynamic parts on the doors. Overall the Jota appears to sit lower than the Murcielago, and will presumably weighs less too, thanks to the use aluminium and carbon fibre. Styling inspiration is being provided by the Estoque concept and Reventon.

What will not change is the number of cylinders boasted by the engine. Suggestions point to a direct injection V12 possibly hosting around 700 horses in its bowels. Drive should be through all four wheels using the Haldex AWD system.

Bite my tongue.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
With Audi now collaborating with Lambo, it's no surprise they put the side intakes off of the R8 onto it. I like the second rendering best, less Audi more Lambo!

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
With Audi now collaborating with Lambo, it's no surprise they put the side intakes off of the R8 onto it. I like the second rendering best, less Audi more Lambo!
Ahhhhh, so THAT's why they are on there. Now I guess it makes sense.

·
Super Moderator
46,298 Posts
Update!

New details on the future Lamborghini Jota
The 2012 Jota will be powered by a 7.0-liter V12 engine that will produce in excess of 700bhp and 700Nm of torque (there are voices suggesting it will be 720 HP). The car will sprint from 0 to 60 mph in just 3 seconds, while top speed will be in the 225 mph area. The engine will be mated to a seven-speed, paddleshift automated manual gearbox.

Despite this impressive number, the next Jota will be an even more economical car: it will have a fuel consumption of just 12 liters / 100 km.

The new supercar will be designed in house and will feature a carbon fiber chassis and various carbon body parts which help reduce the weight of the car. It will also come with Audi’s torque vectoring technology which offers even better handling.

Besides the aforementioned features, the Jota will come with all the Lamborghini trademarks: lambo scissors doors, a leather/Alcantara/carbon fiber combo on the interior, and a head-up display.

1 - 20 of 320 Posts