NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 300 Posts

·
Super Moderator
46,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update!

New Dodge Viper set for 2012
An all-new Dodge Viper set to be launched in 2012 was shown at a private Chrysler dealer conference this week.

Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne presented next year’s model offerings from Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Fiat to dealers, before showcasing the new Viper as a ‘surprise’ at the end of the presentation.

Insiders at the event told The Wall Street Journal the next Viper’s design is “aggressive”, featuring all-new bodywork painted 25 times in candy-apple red. Insiders also said the car’s look had moved away from its race-car roots and evolved into a more traditional sports car.

Dealers at the event were told the Viper’s product team had unanimously approved the design within just five minutes of seeing it.

It is expected to use an 8.4-litre V10 engine incorporating Fiat’s innovative Multiair technology; an entry-level V8 engine is also rumoured to be under consideration.

Dodge is said to be working alongside Ferrari to develop the next Viper.

Ralph Gilles, Dodge CEO, confirmed the launch of the new Viper for 2012 when revealing production of the current car would end this year.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Looks Good.

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
workin with ferrari eh? nice...

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
Out of all the "supercars" a Viper is the only one I could see me owning.
Heh, out of all supercars a viper (all its versions so far) is the one I'd not own. :)
though, Ironically, I would really like to have a Mercedes SLS.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
every viper ever made is bat**** insane.

take a dodge neon interior, a rattlebox v10 truck engine, stick it in a coupe and put in a cement suspension.

·
Super Moderator
46,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update!

2012 Dodge Viper concept shown to dealers looks like an Alfa
The 2012 Dodge Viper concept resembled the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione with a Viper face, a source said. The Competizione is a limited-edition supercar that was sold in select Maserati dealerships in North America.

The fourth-generation Viper ended production at the Conner Avenue assembly plant in Detroit on July 1. The Viper was first launched in 1992.

Chrysler introduced the 2012 Viper and the pickup truck concept with a touch of drama. At the end of his hour-long speech to dealers, Marchionne closed with a story.

“There are times when you are given the opportunity to give life to something which is so beautiful and unique, so just and equitable, that you pay a lot less attention to the numbers, to the financial reality that surrounds it. They happen only rarely. In my case, three times in more than 15 years as chief executive.”

He recounted a series of conversations he had had with Ralph Gilles, Dodge CEO and chief of design for all Chrysler brands.

“We had been debating this particular nameplate for a long time, and every time I just could not get there. And then one morning the product committee went into the dome and saw it, and we all knew we were in front of something magic, unique. It took less than five minutes for the committee to fund the initiative. Not a negative comment, not a remark, not a single question. And so I leave you with this. The 17th car in the lineup, in select dealers in 2012.”

And the Viper emerged from the wings.

I don't know if that's a good thing.

·
Super Moderator
46,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update!

Next Generation Dodge Viper SRT-10 rendered
Dodge has already announced that they will be bringing out another Viper in 2012 to replace the current model being shown the door. And as excited as everyone is to take a peek at the next dream machine, no one has dared to make a rendering of the future model. Well, until now of course. Here is the first beautiful rendering of the future sports car; more specifically, the SRT-10 version. And we have to admit it looks amazing!

It is rumored that the next Viper will come with a more aggressive design, featuring all-new bodywork painted 25 times in candy-apple red. They also said the car’s look had moved away from its race-car roots and evolved into a more traditional sports car. And this is exactly what this rendering is all about: it is something more sensual, freshly beautiful, and of course, more traditional.

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
i like that rendering... veeeeeeery viper like. i like the ass end rendering.

·
DOИ'T bE BEETCH!
3,251 Posts
1 - 20 of 300 Posts