NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Another report has Ferrari claiming a 1000kg weight.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
lol its just a dodgy photo shop. Looks like mostly an edited 458.

If you have seen vids of a FXX or even an Enzo at the track you know its already an absolute track weapon. To drop some significant weight the new super car will be just crazy.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
they're not going to delay turbo lag and achieve the instant response of their other cars because their other cars used flat plane v8s - which are what makes a Ferrari a Ferrari. That instant response, willingness to rev, and insane noise coming from behind the driver.

·
Super Moderator
45,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update!

2012 Ferrari F70
Ferrari’s new mid-engine supercar is slated to succeed the mighty Enzo.

Using knowledge gleaned from its Formula 1 race machines, the FXX Enzo-based track car, the FXX Mille-Chili lightweight concept, the 599XX track car and the 458 Italia road machine, Ferrari has much at its disposal. The Mille-Chili from 2007 gave a clear indication of Ferrari’s new path to achieving ultimate performance: a much lighter vehicle through greater use of exotic materials such as carbon fiber. Incidentally, “mille chili” refers to 1000 kilograms (about 2200 lb.), the target weight for the F70.

Unlike the naturally aspirated V-12-powered Enzo and the F50 before that, the latest word is that the F70 will switch back to a twin-turbo V-8 as seen in the F40. Only the F70’s direct-injected engine will use the very latest technologies to eliminate turbo lag, achieve 670–700 bhp yet return excellent (for a Ferrari) fuel mileage and low emissions (a hybrid powertrain is unlikely for the F70, due to the system’s inherent added weight). The F70 should reach 60 mph in less than 3 seconds. The target top speed of over 230 mph is reached with an array of drag-reducing active aerodynamic features.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
the front and profile views are alright IMO, but i can't stand the rear of that car. it looks cheap and childish. quad stacked exhausts are a no go for me they should've kept it classy and traditional i think

1 - 20 of 219 Posts