NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Super Moderator
43,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jaguar XE
The new sports car is tipped to be a front-engined, rear-wheel-drive, aluminum car based on a cut-down Jaguar XJ platform. Speculation is also mounting that it could be powered by a supercharged V6 engine, based on the all-new V8 motor powering the new Jaguar XFR saloon, which was unveiled at this week’s Detroit motor show.

O’Driscoll hasn’t ruled out further engine options for the Jaguar XF either. “In a couple of years there’s no reason why we shouldn’t put a four-cylinder diesel in it," he said.
Another bloody roadster.

·
Super Moderator
43,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Jaguar's reborn XJ220
Bosses insist it doesn’t exist – but we lift the lid on big cat’s plans for stunning new 200mph Audi beater...

According to our network of spies, the revolutionary sports car is being developed by the firm’s best engineers as a rival to the Audi R8. It’s based on an all-new aluminium chassis, which has been developed using the same know-how behind both the XJ and XK models.

The car will have aluminium panels stretched over an alloy and composite tub, while under the bonnet is likely to be a tuned version of the 503bhp 5.0-litre supercharged V8, set to power the eagerly anticipated XFR. A mildly modified version of this engine has already propelled a near-showroom-spec XFR to an incredible 225mph on the Bonneville salt flats in the US. The new supercar is likely to match this figure, while the sprint from 0-60mph should take less than four seconds.

The two-seater is tipped to be called the XE, and has been styled by a team led by Ian Callum. Our exclusive pictures offer a taste of what drivers can look forward to. Pulling together the very latest in design and combining it with influences from the company’s history, the model evokes the best of Jaguar’s past and present.

:thumbup: :thumbup: That's what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Im loving the sides but the front and rear are pretty damn bad. Jag grill and name does nothing for me.
But i gotta admit now that Jag has had new owners a for a little while they are stepping up their game and pissing a lot of 80 year old Jag owners which equates to about 95% of their buyers.

·
Super Moderator
43,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Update.

Jaguar XE gets Lotus know-how
Lotus is working through the detailed numbers to see if the front-engined two-seater can be a production reality. “They’re sending data to Lotus Engineering on Jaguar’s behalf,” said a well-placed source.

Key details under the Lotus microscope are the basic economies of putting the Jaguar XE into production with an aluminium chassis, after ruling out a steel structure based on the XF.

Lotus pioneered aluminium sports car technology with the Elise, knowledge that it subsequently deployed on the Aston Martin Vanquish, which it engineered for Ford.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,265 Posts
I guess Ford passed some of its genes to Jaguar during its tenure. :chuckles:

I highly doubt Jag can KO the Boxster with this, it would have to be better than the Cayman to be able to KO the Boxster.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
It will not top the boxster, but atleast they're trying.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
I guess Ford passed some of its genes to Jaguar during its tenure. :chuckles:

I highly doubt Jag can KO the Boxster with this, it would have to be better than the Cayman to be able to KO the Boxster.
Cayman > Boxster S.

If it would beat the Cayman it would not be in the same class as the Boxster.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,265 Posts
Oh that's exactly what I'm saying, for the Jag to be that good to speak in terms of knocking out the Boxster it will have to be in Cayman territory. Other than that it would be just a unanimous decision or TKO.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
If the jag was on par with the Boxster S, I would most certainly choose the Jag. Just for 2 main factors.

1- The Jag is not ghey looking
2- I wouldn't be completely happy in a Boxster. Because there will always be that situation where a 911 is at the lights next to you and a feeling of inadequacy happens. Its like, You cant afford a 911 so you have to settle with a Boxster.

·
Super Moderator
43,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Update!

Jaguar C-Type
The Big Cat takes aim at Porsche with resurrected high performance roadster
The C-Type will be also be practical. Similar in size to Audi’s A5, it will have a useful boot and while our images show only two seats, the finished article is likely to have four.

As with the XK, the new C-Type’s chassis will be an aluminium monocoque with extruded body panels, an arrangement that is lightweight but highly strong and stiff, benefitting handling response and also refinement.

Power will come from Jaguar’s latest 5.0-litre V8, producing 380bhp. There’s also the possibility of a twin-turbo diesel and even an R version powered by the company’s supercharged 500bhp V8.

·
Impossibru !
527 Posts
Im not digging the front grill.

·
Registered
737 Posts
the second set of pics that motor posted?

that's nice. Visually, it looks like it could be the next generation R8. I like it.

The rest, not so much. I much prefer the current XK than those concepts.

1 - 20 of 220 Posts