NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 278 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Lexus GS Testing in Germany
The current Lexus GS 350, 460 and 450h have faded into the background of the midsize luxury sedan segment, but development of a succesor is well underway. This week spy photographers caught up with a prototype of the next-generation 2012 Lexus GS in Germany.

Don't get too hung up on the similarity of the grille on this mule to the current car's -- at this stage of the game, it's basically camo. Lexus officials have already said they intend to take more risks (although we use "risks" loosely when talking about Lexus) with the sedan's styling this time around in hopes of reinventing its wallflower image.

Instead, take a look at the fenders on this prototype: The track is obviously wider than the current GS 350's, and if you click through the jump, you'll see that this impression holds around back as well. The wheelbase also appears to be longer, which should open up plenty of rear legroom in the 2012 GS -- important in this class now that the dominant players, the BMW 5 Series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class, are downright huge.

Further, the widened track gives the Lexus GS prototype a more substantial look than the current car. Company officials have also said that the next GS will have more of a performance edge to it. Though we wouldn't want to draw too many conclusions from a couple of photos, widening the track is a good start.

·
Super Moderator
44,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
The front fenders also look to have a second 'flare' to them.

·
gb2 ff
455 Posts
i think they are just hiding external testing wires/sensors that normally just hang out exposed on test vehicles, and are usually around the wheels/fenders
i see the wire behind the front wheel at the bottom as it enters the car

·
Super Moderator
44,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update!

2012 Lexus GS Photochops
Clearly, both of these designs bor*row heav*ily from the CT, and I think there might be some truth to that. The front-end of the CT brings a num*ber of nicely shaped & aggres*sive design cues (par*tic*u*larly down around the fog*lights), and I wouldn’t be sur*prised at all to see some hint of the CT design in the new GS.

·
Super Moderator
44,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update!

Rumormill: Toyota bringing Lexus GS to New York Auto Show
We've gotten word from a very reliable source that Toyota is planning two big debuts at the New York Auto Show, although neither is wearing a ToMoCo badge.

First up is a fully redesigned Lexus GS, something that we've reported on and spied before. Although it's unclear whether the GS we'll see in NYC is a concept or a production model, we do know that it will be underpinned by an all-new platform that will also be used on the next-generation IS, due out sometime next year.

·
Super Moderator
44,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Lexus LF-Gh concept

Lexus LF-Gh concept
To kick off the 2011 New York International Auto Show, it's our pleasure to invite you to the world debut of the Lexus LF-Gh concept car. We hope you can join us for this special evening event where you'll be among the first to see this unique concept that will present a glimpse into the future of Lexus design.
I can't wait!

·
Registered
860 Posts
nvm stupid question

·
Super Moderator
44,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 20 of 278 Posts