NewCelica.org Forum banner

221 - 240 of 6281 Posts

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
x2, looks excellent, the detail of the lines are beautifull . . . i wonder what the prices will be, where it'll be sold, and when.

i know for sure we won't get it any-where near the middle east :( we never had celica's to begin with, ever.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,280 Posts
There's certainly a lot of Celica lines in it, but considering it's an unofficial rendering it's no surprise.

·
Lurking06 Celica07 Join08
5,306 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
That's got to be the Supra, NOT the Toybaru...

·
Lurking06 Celica07 Join08
5,306 Posts
^
That's what i was thinking too. Anyone know of a price rumor on this?
idk but it "looks fast" :D

edit: yay my 2000th post.

·
Super Moderator
44,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #240 (Edited)
Update!

Toyota 086A: Target Market Change, Power Drop
With new reports though it now seems that the specification of the 086A will change slightly once again to meet other criteria, that being the dreaded “eco car” movement and a switch to a much older target market than what was first considered.

Firstly, the power output. We should now expect the 086A’s FJ20 2000cc boxer four to produce 160PS, a good 40PS less than was previously quoted which is all due to stricter economy and emissions targets. Toyota/Subaru haven’t let this dilute the performance as we’re told the car has also lost some weight in order to keep a respectable power to weight ratio.

Marketing is one of the big subjects involving the 086A and its presence at the TMS is primarily to gauge crowd reaction. The car that will be exhibited will include styling cues that could very well be changed before the car goes to production giving show goers the opportunity to express their like or dislike of the design.

In a surprising but understandable move Toyota and Subaru have also revised the marketing strategy of the 086A to focus on a core 30 - 50 year old target market. In previous reports we were told that the target market would be of a younger age to appeal to the new wave of FR sports car enthusiasts, however we’re now told that Toyota plans to cash in on older car enthusiasts who bought, or grew up with the original AE86.

No and no.

I sort of like the new rendering.

221 - 240 of 6281 Posts