381 - 400 of 6272 Posts

·
Registered
11,169 Posts

·
Super Moderator
43,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
Don't know if this is just more rumor or they have the inside line, but a good read nonetheless.
It's likely a rumor and pure speculation on their part about the true name of the FT-86.

I had posted the AutoExpress preview cover on page 6 post #269, but didn't end up posting that article because I thought it might be a little misleading.

Anyways, we'll get all the details in due time.

·
Registered
842 Posts
even though i love how the car looks, if it does not come with 200hp or i would not buy it.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
Has it been officially confirmed that the car does in fact have a Subaru 2.0L flat four? I sometimes think Toyota will equip the thing with 3ZR-FAE. :shrugs:

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Has it been officially confirmed that the car does in fact have a Subaru 2.0L flat four? I sometimes think Toyota will equip the thing with 3ZR-FAE. :shrugs:
Automatically ghey for that.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Update: The Test Mule in Action

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3SYJjE7Xrf4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3SYJjE7Xrf4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Has it been officially confirmed that the car does in fact have a Subaru 2.0L flat four?
Boxer EJ20 with Toyota direct/port injection combo system. But of course nothing is set in stone until the production lines start up.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
So cues of the old FT-HS concept are coming through, sides and headlights look similar, just understated. I also think it's cool their going with FT-86, a little throw back to the AE-86 :headbang:

381 - 400 of 6272 Posts