NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
So am I suppose to make this into a Flyers thread like I did with the last one?

I think we could all afford to have a little more of Couturier's beard in our lives, personally.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
I'm just going to put this here...

"dark guy in the middle"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Black players are still such an incredible anomaly to the sport I guess.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
To continue the talk about black players, apparently it's just been leaked that the Flyers were highly considering throwing a contract at Kane if they could work out a deal with Winnipeg.

Doesn't Philly already have two black guys? I guess we do technically need a third to acquire the tri-fecta!

I wouldn't mind seeing Kane, Iginla, or Subban in orange and black! The more the merrier! :headbang:

·
Banned
1,864 Posts
Buffalo should bring back their old jerserys:

And Jagr needs to retire...

Jaromir Jagr will celebrate his 43rd birthday during the 2014-15 NHL season, but that doesn't mean the New Jersey Devils right wing is thinking of quitting the game anytime soon.

"I want to play until 50, maybe more," Jagr told NorthJersey.com Thursday on the opening day of training camp
Jagr had 24 goals and 67 points last season, his best numbers since returning to the NHL after three seasons in the Kontinental Hockey League. He surpassed 700 goals and finished the season with 1,755 points, tied with Steve Yzerman for sixth on the all-time list.

"I'm expecting to be a little bit better, but I'm going to have a tough 20 days before the season starts to just get where I want to be and go from there," Jagr told NorthJersey.com before expounding on the reasons he thinks he could be even more productive.

"First of all, I don't have to get comfortable with the system, with the players. I know most of them. Hopefully, I stay healthy during the training camp. I didn't play one (preseason) game. I missed all of training camp last year. That would be a plus."

Jagr has scored 59 goals and 156 points in 200 regular-season games for the Philadelphia Flyers, Dallas Stars, Boston Bruins and Devils since coming back to North America. He played in all 82 games for the Devils last season.

The Devils re-signed Jagr to a one-year contract during the offseason, something the Czech legend said he prefers because it forces him to continue to prove himself in spite of his Hall of Fame credentials. Still, just because Jagr is unsigned beyond this season doesn't mean this will be his last hurrah...
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=31693

That's all.

·
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis
6,652 Posts
:chuckles: His buffoonery matches his suit.

·
Super Moderator
44,336 Posts
<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OAJVDWMutK5/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
What a comeback !! Flyers can't win for shit in an opening game!
Philly is bad every year through October and November. This year is no different.

Pathetic though, that they cant hold a 3 goal lead headed into the third. Reminiscent of the Eagles in the 2012-2013 season blowing eight 4th quarter leads and finishing 4-12 for the season.

Not that Brayden Coburn is a great defensemen, but with Timmonen out, and now Coburn injured, we are in serious trouble at the blue line.

Mark Streit is our best defensemen, and that is fucking pathetic.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
I'm thinking....1-8-1 start?
Current record 0-2-1

Upcoming games and prediction:

Tonight vs Anaheim -- Loss
Saturday 18th @ Dallas -- Loss
Tuesday 21th @ Chicago -- Loss
Wednesday 22nd @ Pitt -- Win
Saturday 25th vs Detroit -- Loss
Tuesday 28th vs LA -- Loss
Thursday 30th vs Tampa -- Loss

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Saturday 18th @ Dallas -- Loss
Girouuuuuxxxxxxxxxx! For the win!
Sucks to have to win in OT on the PP, but then again, players should know not to blatantly hook the opponents in front of a ref when it's 4 on 4.
At least it didn't go to shoot-out, where the Flyers would have absolutely lost and garnered only 1 pt. Legitimately, the WORST team in the NHL at the SO. They do NOT practice it, have not practiced it in the 10 or so years the SO has been implemented in the league, and do not think it's important to practice it. :faint: :eek:nion:

Tuesday 21th @ Chicago -- Loss
I'm going to change this prediction.
I discovered the Flyers are 3-1 against Chicago since facing them in the 2010 SCF.
Pretty sure Flyers are going to be playing Emery this game and saving Mason for Wednesday @Pitt (smart move). Hopefully Emery won't have to be going lateral very much this game. With how bad our defense is, our offense is hot on several lines, so this could turn out like the Dallas game with 4+ goals for both teams.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3bhDJnV4CgI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JJmlt0I8gRg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TFVMbtlutwc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chara is out for about 4 weeks after this hit to Tavares. :thumbup:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nin3CnN58ZA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 - 20 of 190 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.