NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
For my 30th birthday, I purchased 4 tickets to Game 4 of the Caps/Flyers series. I invited a good buddy and his wife, and also a buddy who happens to be a Caps fan.

$775.60 for 4 tickets in Row 2 of the 200 level, directly at center ice.

Lets Go Flyers!

·
Oh. Snap. Ohsnapohsnap
2,517 Posts
the wings are going to lose to the lightning in 5 games

i am okay with this, i just wanted to make the playoffs so we have 25 straight post seasons....keep that professional sports record alive brajs

i will adopt the dallas stars as my bandwagon team...they know how to put on a spanking

·
Banned
1,864 Posts
Nothing to fear regarding Ovechkin, so long as we stay out of the box. Sean Couturier will shut him down completely, like he always does (just as he does to Malkin). Sean Couturier has to be the best player in the series if the Flyers want to win. I fucking love Couturier.
Welp....

·
Banned
1,864 Posts

i am okay with this, i just wanted to make the playoffs so we have 25 straight post seasons....keep that professional sports record alive brajs

i will adopt the dallas stars as my bandwagon team...they know how to put on a spanking
They better not. I have them going to the semis. They're supposed to win since Datsyuk is retiring at the end of the season.

wait sty lives in minnesota now? Buddy, do you ever catch a break!?!?! :laugh:
I received a good job offer I couldn't turn down. It's not THAT bad out here. The twin cities are only a short drive away, and the state in general isn't as backwards as Pennsyltucky.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
They don't have the longest streak, but when you take a deeper look into the longer playoff streaks, what Detroit has done far exceeds what the Bruins and Blackhawks did for their playoff streak record. A good chunk of their respective streaks were during a time when there were only 12 teams in the league. When 7/12 teams make the playoffs, it's not too hard to keep a playoff streak appearance going. In the modern era, post expansions, Detroit's streak is the best streak in the history of the sport.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Dude...

LeDoucheStain said:
They better not. I have them going to the semis. They're supposed to win since Datsyuk is retiring at the end of the season.
My conference finals bracket:
Philadelphia v Detroit
Dallas v Blues

Stanley Cup:
Flyers vs Blues

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Why the fuck do you have Detroit in the finals?
Because I predict Detroit overcoming Tampa due to some of Tampa's injuries to key players, but that doesn't quite seem to be slowing them down yet. We will see what happens back in Detroit. I also predict NYI to come out on top of the Panthers. Round 2, I predict Detroit to beat NYI. So, that is how I have Detroit going to the ECF.

And I wasn't joking in my previous post. I see it coming down to Blues/Stars and Flyers/Wings. If Flyers get out of Round 1 (lol), then they will absolutely beat their opposition in Round 2. Rangers lost Girardi and McDonagh, so Pens have a lock on Round 1. Flyers are known for playing superior hockey over the Pens, so Round 2 would be a lock in my book (only if Couturier comes back, and yes I know Pens have owned Flyers this season, but, historically, Flyers own the Pens. Fact.).

#homerpost

How is that even possible? The guy died two days after the game.
I have no clue. It was something I found on the internet and knew it would create some level of disdain and controversy for someone somewhere, so figured it was worthy of sharing here. :wiggle:

Might have some truth to it. Might not. :shrugs:

It's not even the Flyers team on the ice in the picture, either. Looks like the Caps(?). :chuckles:

·
Oh. Snap. Ohsnapohsnap
2,517 Posts
My conference finals bracket:
Philadelphia v Detroit
Dallas v Blues
Miller, STy...I am approving of the Detroit support. Now that we benched overpaid ass GK howard, I say I am back in the wings wagon. IN MRAZEK WE TRUST!!!

I received a good job offer I couldn't turn down. It's not THAT bad out here. The twin cities are only a short drive away, and the state in general isn't as backwards as Pennsyltucky.
Yeah I was just trolling bruh. I hear good things about the area actually...glad you find it an upgrade. Ain't nothin wrong with the Midwest

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
This is fucking hilarious!

Oh Mason. You've been so good for so long, especially this season. But this will haunt him forever. :laugh:

Just need a picture of Ed Snider on a Flyers T-shirt doing an Epic Facepalm.

·
Oh. Snap. Ohsnapohsnap
2,517 Posts
Ahem. I would like to remind Miller, again, at how bad he is at assessing playoff hockey (or any hockey situation). I called Wings go down in 5, and I must say I am extremely sad to say how right I was.

I don't know how you guys had a team that barely scraped by in the regular season to get into the post season, had one of the worst power plays in the league, and still expect them to go deep into the finals :laugh:

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Ahem. I would like to remind Miller, again, at how bad he is at assessing playoff hockey (or any hockey situation). I called Wings go down in 5, and I must say I am extremely sad to say how right I was.

I don't know how you guys had a team that barely scraped by in the regular season to get into the post season, had one of the worst power plays in the league, and still expect them to go deep into the finals :laugh:
I mean...playoff hockey is pretty unpredictable.

·
Banned
1,864 Posts
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wsr0arHQKM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Never change, Philly...

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wsr0arHQKM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Never change, Philly...
As opposed to an octopus, rats, or other things being thrown on the ice and that being deemed acceptable and tolerated by the media and other fan bases?

That's logical. :bs:

Philly fans tell their players how it is. Always have, always will. We are the ones who pay for players salaries, so we are damn sure to boo our players and throw tantrums when things don't go our way or when the team decides to not show up to an incredibly important game. The bracelets on the ice are a telling message from the fans to the team about how much they didn't show up to Game 3 for Ed Snider's memorial game. It was a disgrace, and Ed Snider himself would have been in an uproar and rolled some fucking heads. That's a fact, Jack.

Furthermore, there were very few bracelets thrown onto the ice, committed by a very select few individuals. Mob mentality is impossible to control. When a bunch of unruly and angry fans are coupled with alcohol, then you really can't expect any other outcome when you have negativity perpetuating throughout a sellout crowd being bolstered and enhanced by alcohol.

Also, the bracelets were just what were being given out at the game. They were NOT connected to the passing of Ed Snider in any way, shape, or form.

Bias opposing fan bases are bias. Fuck off. It's hilarious how fucking blinded you people are.

141 - 160 of 190 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.