NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 190 Posts

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Flyers will win at home today, forcing a game 7.

How fucking exciting? A team predicted to be a top 5 pick in the draft in the preseason. Squeaking into the playoffs. Forcing 6 games against the best team in the league and playing up to them and at times even outplaying them.

What a resilient group of boys with great resolve. The future is bright. We will be one of the best teams in the league in a few years when our D corp prospects mature a bit more.

Lets not forget, if Flyers make it to round 2 and face the Pens.... then game over for Pittsburgh. I don't care what happened in the regular season this year; a small sample size of trivial meaning. We are notoriously known for making the Pens our bitch, in both regular season and postseason. That's a fact, Jack. The numbers do not lie.

Philadelphia vs Pittsburgh:
Overall Record: 151 W - 96 L - 30 T ( 997 GF - 846 GA )

Home Record: 96 W - 34 L - 8 T ( 548 GF - 361 GA )

Road Record: 55 W - 62 L - 22 T ( 449 GF - 485 GA )

Suck it.

·
Oh. Snap. Ohsnapohsnap
2,517 Posts
As opposed to an octopus, rats, or other things being thrown on the ice and that being deemed acceptable and tolerated by the media and other fan bases?

That's logical
Bitch, don't jack the octopus. You know it's one of the coolest sports tradition. It's done out of joy, not out of malice, which is what all you cold hearted philly fans are full of in this video (and other instances)

I'm dating a chick from Philly now. She's defiant as fuck about her city. Always backing it up, bla bla bla. IT's apparently fuckin great. Yeah, I get it.

One thing she says though: Yeah, when it comes to sports, our fans turn into degenerates. Like behaving out of a 3rd world country soccer match degenerate. It's ridic that people that are in fear of their physical well being at times over there.

You can cry and whine all you want about the bias, but why is it that your city always shows up considerably more so in these type of reports versus others? Yes, mob mentality in sports is everywhere. It just seems to be more prevalent in your town.

·
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis
6,652 Posts
Flyers will win at home today, forcing a game 7.

How fucking exciting? A team predicted to be a top 5 pick in the draft in the preseason. Squeaking into the playoffs. Forcing 6 games against the best team in the league and playing up to them and at times even outplaying them.

What a resilient group of boys with great resolve. The future is bright. We will be one of the best teams in the league in a few years when our D corp prospects mature a bit more.

Lets not forget, if Flyers make it to round 2 and face the Pens.... then game over for Pittsburgh. I don't care what happened in the regular season this year; a small sample size of trivial meaning. We are notoriously known for making the Pens our bitch, in both regular season and postseason. That's a fact, Jack. The numbers do not lie.

Philadelphia vs Pittsburgh:
Overall Record: 151 W - 96 L - 30 T ( 997 GF - 846 GA )

Home Record: 96 W - 34 L - 8 T ( 548 GF - 361 GA )

Road Record: 55 W - 62 L - 22 T ( 449 GF - 485 GA )

Suck it.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Bitch, don't jack the octopus. You know it's one of the coolest sports tradition. It's done out of joy, not out of malice, which is what all you cold hearted philly fans are full of in this video (and other instances)

I'm dating a chick from Philly now. She's defiant as fuck about her city. Always backing it up, bla bla bla. IT's apparently fuckin great. Yeah, I get it.

One thing she says though: Yeah, when it comes to sports, our fans turn into degenerates. Like behaving out of a 3rd world country soccer match degenerate. It's ridic that people that are in fear of their physical well being at times over there.

You can cry and whine all you want about the bias, but why is it that your city always shows up considerably more so in these type of reports versus others? Yes, mob mentality in sports is everywhere. It just seems to be more prevalent in your town.
That girl is smart. Philadelphia is great. You should continue to date her.

The media does a great job of making Philadelphia fans the scapegoats. The truth of it though: heinous acts of brutality and criminal actions occur at ALL major sporting events across the entire nation. The worst of the bunch don't and have never occurred in Philadelphia arenas. You should do a little research as it is obvious you are blinded with bias, because being the whipping boy for the entire nation gets a little old. But hey, that's what the media is for, right? Brainwashing.

Why does it keep happening and why do people keep hearing about Philadelphia? Because it is a media agenda. Simple. People have died at other arenas, even recently, yet when Santa gets boo'd or a couple bracelets get thrown on the ice when the team is playing like shit in the playoffs, suddenly it's the worst city full of the worst fans? Lol please. Furthermore, it's statistically proven that it is usually the Away Team's fans who start something. As a visitor to an opponent's arena, you should always be respectful and mindful. You will be harassed, sure, just like in any arena, especially in a Philadelphia arena... but the moment you start trying to do anything other than shrug it off and laugh, that is when mistakes are made. Furthermore, do not correlate the moronic actions performed by a very select few individuals and apply it across the board to all fans. Most people aren't fucking stupid like that. It shows how stupid you are when you generalize and stereotype an entire fan base based on the actions of a few. But then again, we already knew you weren't very bright.

If people whom attend sporting events in Philadelphia, as a fan of the opposition, and are in "...fear of their physical well being..." while in attendance, as you described it, then you might as well also believe that every black man who is walking down the sidewalk towards you is about to mug/jump/rape/murder/kidnap you, so you better run for your life! Cross to the other side of the street. Call the cops. Quick! Fear mongering. Brainwashing. You pussies are all the same. Fucking bigots. Lose the fear in your life. Liberate yourself. Enhance your overall character.

I know and speak with Darcy Kuemper (backup goaltender of Minnesota Wild) and Jon Blum (former defensemen of the Wild and now KHL allstar) regularly, and they both told me the league is absolutely rigged in favor of the teams who will generate the most viewers and income for their respective franchises and overall league revenues. It is why refs make phantom calls and unruly make-up calls for teams who are favorites. Players play to win, but the league has an agenda and tries to control the outcome as much as possible, and this year the Caps are the team in the East who everyone is looking to support, as they are built for now and for the Cup (TJ Oshie and Justin Williams signings). That was one of the WORST officiating in a series I have ever seen in playoff hockey. Absolutely abysmal (worse than the Flyers PP going 1/24 through 6 games).

A guy can dream, right? Flyers performed exceedingly better than the Wings this playoff series while playing against a far superior team in the Caps compared to Detroit against Tampa.

·
Oh. Snap. Ohsnapohsnap
2,517 Posts
Ah yes Miller is back to old rant self. So much for the "new" him. :laugh: Please tell me, what "agenda" does the media have with sports in Philly? What is this, a fucking election conspiracy theory? It's hockey for God's sake. A sport that many americans simply do not care about. Your rant about rigged games has nothing to do with behavior of the media or fans. Hence the word "rant" being applicable here. Reachin hardcore here aren't you? Reachin like you do for your dick on a lonely night, rubbing one out to temporarily feel better.

The only legitimate thing you said in your rage keyboard smash session was that my girl is smart. She goes to Upenn for her masters, so i assume being an ivy league and all makes her somewhat wise. And her words of wisdom say that you guys are sucky as sports fans more often than they should be. Hell, maybe it's just the entire state of Pennsylvania that is shitty in that regards. Clearly shittsburgh isn't much better.

Also...you think i was comparing wings to philly? Dude, i said from the get go that we'd get trounced. Our team has no heart. Zetterberg is useless as a captain. Datsyuk is gone. We have a fucking two goalie system that gives and takes away confidence from each netminder. Philly would trounce detroit, although we did beat you guys in one of the last games of the season. Still, philly would outplay the wings in all scenarios except maybe powerplay. Seems like we both equally suck at that.

·
6,652 Posts
Terrible gif.
S6 came out last night.
That .gif is from, like, S3 or whenever, when Oberyn Martell (stupidly) gets himself killed by Gregor Clegane.

So old. Need new material.
Correct, but does it reflect the anguish you felt after your confident boast?

·
6,652 Posts
No.
In reality, I had Caps in 5 over Flyers. No chance for Philly.
I see. Twas a common expectation in Girouxsalem, I bet.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Please tell me, what "agenda" does the media have with sports in Philly? What is this, a fucking election conspiracy theory? It's hockey for God's sake.
Hockey and the media's bias against anything Philadelphia are mutually exclusive of each other. Stay on topic. If you sit here and argue about how Philly fans are the worst of the bunch, yadda yadda yadda, but don't accept the fact that worse things happen at other stadiums on a regular basis, then you are yet another product of the brainwashing accomplished through the media.

your rant about rigged games has nothing to do with behavior of the media or fans. Hence the word "rant" being applicable here. Reachin hardcore here aren't you? Reachin like you do for your dick on a lonely night, rubbing one out to temporarily feel better.
The two comments are also mutually exclusive. They were separated by paragraphs, with no connecting arguments between each paragraph. You should have been able to easily identify that the two did not overlap or that I used them to help support one argument with another.

The only legitimate thing you said in your rage keyboard smash session was that my girl is smart. She goes to Upenn for her masters, so i assume being an ivy league and all makes her somewhat wise. And her words of wisdom say that you guys are sucky as sports fans more often than they should be. Hell, maybe it's just the entire state of Pennsylvania that is shitty in that regards. Clearly shittsburgh isn't much better.
Women are sensitive.
Women don't know sports.
I highly doubt she has any credibility whatsoever regarding anything around Philadelphia and our professional sports teams.
Her "words of wisdom" when she says we are "...sucky as sports fans more often than should be..." is indicative of the fact that she is playing the part of the apologist, clearly. When that guy got shot in the neck and died during a tailgate pregame between Cowboys and Patriots in Dallas, it was barely talked about and no one argued that Cowboys fans were anything except patriotic. Hey, no one has ever been murdered at a Philadelphia sporting event, so why aren't we America's Team? A couple bracelets having been thrown on the ice when the Flyers were getting embarrassed in a playoff game and suddenly we are the absolute most horrible fans, again? Just shut up. You are way out of league with this one.

Also...you think i was comparing wings to philly? Dude, i said from the get go that we'd get trounced. Our team has no heart. Zetterberg is useless as a captain. Datsyuk is gone. We have a fucking two goalie system that gives and takes away confidence from each netminder. Philly would trounce detroit, although we did beat you guys in one of the last games of the season. Still, philly would outplay the wings in all scenarios except maybe powerplay. Seems like we both equally suck at that.
No comment.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
I see. Twas a common expectation in Girouxsalem, I bet.
Not really.
Flyers were pitted against a team which almost made league history with their regular season record.
Flyers are an incredibly inferior team, who stood pat at the trade deadline knowing their time will come in the next few years; while the Caps are built for now and went out for big name acquisitions at the deadline.
There is always hope, but most Flyers fans are pretty rational and expected Caps in 5 at best.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Furthermore...

Delicious irony...

Ahem. I would like to remind Miller, again, at how bad he is at assessing playoff hockey (or any hockey situation).
Miller, STy...I am approving of the Detroit support. Now that we benched overpaid ass GK howard,
Now that we benched overpaid ass GK howard,
we benched overpaid ass GK howard,
overpaid ass GK howard,
GK howard
Ahem. I would like to remind Miller, again, at how bad he is at assessing playoff hockey (or any hockey situation).
Goalkeeper? Seriously?
Pretty sure it's a goaltender.
Shows how much you know about hockey. :laugh: :idiot:

I've never seen someone's arguments rendered more obsolete than now. Everything you have to say regarding hockey, in the past, present, and future, is completely moot.
You know nothing.
It is known.

·
Banned
1,864 Posts
As opposed to an octopus, rats, or other things being thrown on the ice and that being deemed acceptable and tolerated by the media and other fan bases?

That's logical. :bs:
The rats are fake if you haven't noticed and as terrible as Floridians are, they at least have the decency to do it at the end of the game or after a hattrick, NOT during play. Throwing a dead octopus is classless, and I'm not defending Detoilet fans, but it's done out of tradition and at least they don't interrupt game play.

Philly fans tell their players how it is. Always have, always will. We are the ones who pay for players salaries, so we are damn sure to boo our players and throw tantrums when things don't go our way or when the team decides to not show up to an incredibly important game. The bracelets on the ice are a telling message from the fans to the team about how much they didn't show up to Game 3 for Ed Snider's memorial game. It was a disgrace, and Ed Snider himself would have been in an uproar and rolled some fucking heads. That's a fact, Jack.

Furthermore, there were very few bracelets thrown onto the ice, committed by a very select few individuals. Mob mentality is impossible to control. When a bunch of unruly and angry fans are coupled with alcohol, then you really can't expect any other outcome when you have negativity perpetuating throughout a sellout crowd being bolstered and enhanced by alcohol.

Also, the bracelets were just what were being given out at the game. They were NOT connected to the passing of Ed Snider in any way, shape, or form.

Bias opposing fan bases are bias. Fuck off. It's hilarious how fucking blinded you people are.
You sure about that?

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
The rats are fake if you haven't noticed and as terrible as Floridians are, they at least have the decency to do it at the end of the game or after a hattrick, NOT during play. Throwing a dead octopus is classless, and I'm not defending Detoilet fans, but it's done out of tradition and at least they don't interrupt game play.

You sure about that?

Good argument regarding the bracelets being thrown during gameplay. That is inexcusable. These guys have a job to do, and when someone comes to my bar and fucks with me inhibiting me from performing my duties and infringing upon my ability to provide my designated service, I get a little agitated too. However, I still find it ridiculous that everyone uses this petty example as another reason to bash Phildelphia and for the media to continue to portray Phildelphia in a negative spotlight just so they can help bolster and propagate our fan base as the nation's whipping boy.

And yes, I am absolutely 100% sure the bracelets were not part of Ed Snider's passing in anyway. My friends whom attended Game 3 told me during intermissions and TV timeouts, the arena would go black and various sections would light up and blink to coincide with the music. There was nothing attaching those bracelets to Ed Snider. When I was at Game 4, we were handed T-shirts instead.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Holy shit Miller owned me so hard all I can do is come up with some petty reply saying he's a dumbass since I'm unable to come up with any logical counter arguments since my original arguments were completely off-base and irrelevant.
Fixed.
I will always own you.
I always have, and I always will.
From now until the end of time.
You have always been beneath me.

Next?

161 - 180 of 190 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.