NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 427 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
if it weren't for the Stangs still having live axles at its rear. Suspension should improved drastically once they dialed down independent rears for the car.
The 5.0 gives the M3 a run for its money around the track with that live axle suspension..

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
The BOSS version? Oh hell yeah. A lot of the 370z guys are giving up their Z for the BOSS Mustang.
The regular 5.0 version.. The BOSS will run circles around it..

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uOwSPccbzl4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uOwSPccbzl4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

·
Super Moderator
47,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Update!

Next Ford Mustang won't be retro
"No way," was the statement from Ford design chief J Mays when asked whether the redesigned 2014 Ford Mustang will be another retro job. He says the next iteration of the pony car will follow a different road.

The design for the next Ford Mustang is currently being "locked down," according to Mays. It's a big milestone for the company, marking 50 years of the Mustang and the sixth major redesign.

"The challenge or the opportunity for 2014 with a 50th-anniversary car is to not just look back over your shoulder, but to try to win all of the Mustang faithful yet bring the brand forward as well," Mays told Automotive News.
Good to know.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks nice, not as good as the z or genesis coupe, or camaro despite its best efforts to copy the back ....but it does look nice. Rather not have a mustang being in Orlando so much, I'd be just as conspicuous as unique.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
The 5.0 gives the M3 a run for its money around the track with that live axle suspension..
That is with all the assists on both cars. Turn them off and the M3 will most likely walk away easily with drivers being equal.

·
Oh. Snap. Ohsnapohsnap
2,517 Posts
if there is an M3 and ANY variant mustang sitting in front of me, i'd never even bother to look at whatever mustang it is. There may be more grunt to the higher output 'stangs, but the M series just have driving dynamics that are hard to match

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Agreed. The 5.0 still has a solid axle. Until it doesnt, it will always trail.

·
Super Moderator
47,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Update!

Future Vehicles: 2015 Ford Mustang
Is this the 2015 Ford Mustang? Close to it, at least that's what a Ford insider told us recently. Set to be released about two years from now on its 50th anniversary, the 2015 Mustang will be much closer to a "world car" than any Mustang before it.

For one, it will be smaller in many ways. Most other markets prefer sports cars with a little less metal and a few more curves. That means a sleeker, less bulky Mustang that should weigh less and cheat the wind better. The Evos concept was a hint of that look, but we were assured that the current Mustang's long hood/short deck proportions will remain along with several signature Mustang design cues like rear-quarter windows and triple-lens taillamps.

Another big change will arrive out back. After years of making the most of the Mustang's straight axle rear end, the Mustang will finally move to an independent setup. This will go down much better with European customers who are used to the precise feel of fully independent rear suspension setups. It will still do just fine on the drag strip, though, along with improved manners at tracks with turns.

There will be less drastic changes under the hood as most of the current Mustang's offerings will likely carryover, at least initially. Ford may eventually switch the Mustang's base engine to a turbocharged four-cylinder that delivers better mileage and nearly the same horsepower as the current V6. From there, the current 5.0 V8 will remain in place so the Mustang's performance credentials are in good hands.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Jag genes ... ick.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
I like the look, a lot. The only 'thing' I don't like about it, is it isn't typical 'mustang' styling. That being said, still looks good.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I would predict that, with that drastic of a change, the previous model will sell out and sales of this new look would be slow. That classic 60's look is awfully popular...

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
I'd buy this model to be honest.

It is current, new, and probably more aerodynamic. Not to mention it just looks real good. The only criticism I can see people having is it isn't on par with the mustang heritage - which isn't a bad thing.

If the interior is even somewhat decent, the 370z is going to have a lot more competition I think.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I'd buy this model to be honest.

It is current, new, and probably more aerodynamic. Not to mention it just looks real good. The only criticism I can see people having is it isn't on par with the mustang heritage - which isn't a bad thing.

If the interior is even somewhat decent, the 370z is going to have a lot more competition I think.
It is way more than Jag genes. I am pretty sure that is a Current Jag body with altered renderings up front and back.

As for the 370Z comments. It does NOT sell well. As of August '11, the 370Z sold the least by FAR out of The Mustang, Challenger, Camaro.

Prior to the '11 5.0, the Camaro was first at 7,500 in that August, 5,500 for the Mustang in the same month, around 4k for the Challenger and 500 ish for the 370Z.

Since the 5.0 release, Camaro and Mustang sales have swapped with a blurred margin and the Z is still selling less than 1k per month most months.

21 - 40 of 427 Posts