NewCelica.org Forum banner
31K views 554 replies 31 participants last post by  Motor 
#1 ·

#4 ·
I have a feeling that more power/less weight/ inde rear suspension just might happen... And honestly I could car less about more power at this point. Less weight/independent rear suspension with the current 5.0 and I'll be a believer.

Hard to beat that combo imho.

#12 ·
Even the folks at the370z.com forums are saying Hyundai and Ford are stepping up their game to the point where we admit the big Japanese companies (including Nissan) are just playing catch-up.

I don't know how would the FT-86 and 370z would hang with the new V8 Hyundai Genesis that's supposed to be priced just a few below $30,000. Heck, if the price remains the same with the new Ford Mustang, this is some heavy competition at the $25,000 - $35,000 range.

#10 ·
I'm not really a fan of American Muscle cars.
But HOT DAMN...I'd buy one of those! :drool:

#11 ·
Will be interesting to see Australian pricing.
ATM imported/converted mustangs coz like 120k or something insane.

Def think it would be over 60k here at least. Maybe around 70k to match the 370z.
Would be awesome if it's priced similar to the ford falcons here. My Gf would kill to get a new mustang.

#13 ·
Don't care for the tails, but the rest sounds promising. At this rate I'm going to have to start working on Mustangs....

#16 ·
lol the current mustang takes the cake vs. its competition in regards to looks by a long shot. looks the most 'refined' i guess you could say, granted, it's had a previous gen to work off of.

#17 ·
Wish hyundai had their 5.0 V8 engine in their coupes :drool:

edit: and i completely agree that the current mustang stands on top of the competition right now. I've never liked mustangs until their recent 5.0's

#19 ·
edit: and i completely agree that the current mustang stands on top of the competition right now. I've never liked mustangs until their recent 5.0's
Funny enough, I would've gotten a Mustang instead of the Z (Asian guy driving a Mustang?) if it weren't for the Stangs still having live axles at its rear. Suspension should improved drastically once they dialed down independent rears for the car.

#20 ·
If those are forged internals in that 2.5 and it can truly hold some boost, it may be the one to own.

I like the rear shot, but that front-quarter-shot REALLY stinks like the Camaro look. :puke:

#31 ·
if there is an M3 and ANY variant mustang sitting in front of me, i'd never even bother to look at whatever mustang it is. There may be more grunt to the higher output 'stangs, but the M series just have driving dynamics that are hard to match

#34 ·
Jag genes ... ick.

#36 ·
I would predict that, with that drastic of a change, the previous model will sell out and sales of this new look would be slow. That classic 60's look is awfully popular...

#37 ·
I'd buy this model to be honest.

It is current, new, and probably more aerodynamic. Not to mention it just looks real good. The only criticism I can see people having is it isn't on par with the mustang heritage - which isn't a bad thing.

If the interior is even somewhat decent, the 370z is going to have a lot more competition I think.

#38 ·
It is way more than Jag genes. I am pretty sure that is a Current Jag body with altered renderings up front and back.

As for the 370Z comments. It does NOT sell well. As of August '11, the 370Z sold the least by FAR out of The Mustang, Challenger, Camaro.

Prior to the '11 5.0, the Camaro was first at 7,500 in that August, 5,500 for the Mustang in the same month, around 4k for the Challenger and 500 ish for the 370Z.

Since the 5.0 release, Camaro and Mustang sales have swapped with a blurred margin and the Z is still selling less than 1k per month most months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.