NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
I like it with the little suicide doors instead of 4 full normal doors. I've always liked the smart cars, but for the price and size I just always thought they'd get like 70 MPG and they get just over 40. Jeez, I can buy an 15 year old civic and get 40 MPG. Or if they cost about half of what they do. Again for perspective, I can buy an entry level Corolla or Civic for about the same as a smart, maybe just slightly more.

[/soapbox]

·
Registered
685 Posts
I actually like that last one. It would look better if the entire bottom half were red and the pillars & roof were black.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I dont believe these cars are still going. I dont think ive seen any in the last couple of years here in Oz.

Terrible terrible car.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
These things are to Europeans as SUV's are (were?) to Americans.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts

?

·
Impossibru !
527 Posts
Minicooper S.

·
Registered
336 Posts
lol TATA is an Indian (i think) car company that makes cheap, slow cars and trucks. When I was deployed in Africa saw a lot of these, especially the trucks.

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
:chuckles: I can't exactly do that.

You thinking about selling the Prius for a Smart?
I've had the car itch for a while now. And I'm out of all my warranties now except the hybrid warranty. Almost bought a G37S a few days ago.

I would buy one of these electric-mostly cars that are coming out soon. Since my commute is only 9 miles each way, I could easily stay on battery almost all the time. I would have to buy one that has a regular engine though in case I go on a longer trip. Electric only wouldn't work, but something like the Volt or Leaf definitely could.

I'm still mad at Smart for making a car the size of a sardine can that doesn't get 40 MPG and needs premium gas. Come on, my 1990 Civic got 42 MPG on cheap gas.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I'm still mad at Smart for making a car the size of a sardine can that doesn't get 40 MPG
:werd: With something the size of the Smart you would have at least expected something in the order of 50 mpg.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts