NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
46,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bentley SUV to go 12cyl
Bentley’s new SUV will reinforce its ambition to be the world’s most luxurious 4x4 with a flagship model that’s powered by a 12-cylinder engine.

“We will be first to use a 12-cylinder petrol engine in a luxury SUV. I like this idea; it makes clear whose car is the boss,” said Bentley CEO Wolfgang Dürheimer.

The engine is likely to be a next-generation version of today’s W12 unit used in the Continental family.

Bentley has pencilled in a 2015 launch date for the SUV (which is shown here as an artist's rendering), a year that fits Dürheimer’s strategic plan for the SUV to bolster Bentley’s product range at a time when sales of other models are expected to dip.

I guess we can expect a VW, Audi and Porsche version as well.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
you know, i've never really liked any of the Bentley designs...if i was dropping that much money on a car i would want it to look good...

·
Super Moderator
46,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Bentley EXP 9 F Concept

Bentley 4x4 revealed

The Bentley EXP 9 F concept previews a £140,000 SUV which is due in dealers by 2015

The new Bentley 4x4 will out-punch a Porsche Cayenne, be more luxurious than a Range Rover and “mark a new pinnacle of SUVs in several dimensions”, according to Bentley chairman and CEO Wolfgang Durheimer.

As well as a new Bentley-developed version of the W12 engine – expected to produce around 600bhp and feature eco technology such as cylinder deactivation – the new car will eventually feature a V8 diesel model and a plug-in hybrid with a six-cylinder engine. Bentley will also plunder the rest of the VW Group’s technology in the search for weight-saving innovations.

Officially, project EXP 9 F, on display at this week’s Geneva Motor Show, is a concept to gauge reaction from potential customers. But Bentley is well on the way to confirming production of the new car, which should be ready in 2015, slotting in neatly between the Continental and Mulsanne model cycles.

Bentley’s 4x4 sits somewhere between the Porsche Cayenne and Range Rover in terms of size, dynamics and ride comfort, and is set to out-perform both. The only fly in the ointment comes from in-house rival Lamborghini, which is also planning a high-performance SUV, possibly using a version of Bentley’s W12.

However, the Bentley will bring a new level of luxury and price (around £140,000) to the class. Bentley will rely on its craftsmen to produce the most sumptuous 4x4 cabin using the very finest materials and including some neat touches from design chief Dirk van Braeckel and his team.

The concept features what van Braeckel describes as “a more modern, advanced interior, but with the usual quality of wood and leather”. However, Bentley is using harder saddle leather for the first time in areas that may be subject to harder wear – this is a 4x4 after all – with softer leather where customers are more likely to touch it.

Where do I even begin? Lets start with the name. It's too long and sounds stupid. Now onto the looks. It looks like an abomination. I'm sure the Lambo, Audi, and VW versions will look better.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
That looks bad... real bad. There is nothing about it that I remotely like.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Yet in the middle east the're going to sell like hot cakes!
They'll also paint it gold and add diamonds, making it even worse than it already is.

·
Super Moderator
46,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They'll also paint it gold and add diamonds, making it even worse than it already is.
So will German tuner Mansory.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t5jeWj7m6sA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 - 20 of 69 Posts