NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
43,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Small Infiniti to get Mercedes 1.8-liter Turbo
Move is One of Several Planned for New Alliance

Apart from rumors of a future Infiniti model employing a next-generation S-Class platform and a Nissan V-6/hybrid combination, some of the most exciting news focuses on a small Infiniti incorporating a Mercedes engine. Slated to debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March, the new Infiniti coupe will employ a next-generation B-C-sized platform co-developed by Renault and Nissan that is also destined to form the basis of the next Nissan Tiida and Renault Megane. Taking on almost identical dimensions to that of the Mercedes CLC, the new luxury two-door will be powered by a Mercedes 1.8 liter, four-cylinder CGI turbo that generates 202 hp and emits 171g/km of CO2. This will be Infiniti's smallest luxury car to date.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'll be honest...fellas, it was looking great. But...It could use a little bit bigger grill and emblem. So GSBoek...let's try it again :thumbup:

Oh, and perhaps a little cowbell?

·
Super Moderator
43,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update!

INFINITI NAMES ITS GENEVA CONCEPT
Infiniti today releases the first images of its concept car for the Geneva Motor Show in March. Called ETHEREA, it is a compact luxury model that previews how a future entry-level Infiniti could look.

The pictures show an evolving Infiniti identity along with a profile distinctly different from anything currently available in the premium compact class.

"ETHEREA is about a new type of luxury for younger buyers," said Toru Saito, Corporate Vice President and Leader of the Global Infiniti Business Unit. "It is not just a smaller version of a typically conservative and traditional luxury car."

I like the back and that's it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
It now has a mouth to complete the look :rofl: Director of CARS could take this in his movies without any modifications.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,265 Posts
headlights and tail lights look like straight up falcons! i dont know if thats a good thing...
With the name Etherea, does it really surprise you? Reminded me of He-man and the Masters of the universe on planet Eternia. I seem to recall there was a falcon in the series.:chuckles:

UGLY!

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
It looks like it got mashed with an X6.... I don't think I need to explain any further how bad an idea that is.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts