NewCelica.org Forum banner

41 - 60 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I test drove a 2016. Hunting auto trans and feels like a truck. Colorado and Ridgeline blow it away as far as driving is concerned with the Ridgeline feeling a bit less like a truck than the Colorado.

YMMV!

·
Super Moderator
43,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I test drove a 2016. Hunting auto trans and feels like a truck.
Last month I test drove a TRD Off-Road double cab and was very disappointed with it. I'm not a truck guy to begin with FYI. The new Tacoma felt clumsy, overweight, and lethargic even with its new more powerful V6. However, with that said at least the interior was marginally improved. I originally went to test drive the new Prius and was very impressed with how it drove, handled and how much nicer the inside was. A new Prius or Camry SE Hybrid is what I'm looking at...unless I find a Lexus GS 450h for a reasonable price.

Colorado and Ridgeline blow it away as far as driving is concerned
No thanks.

the Ridgeline feeling a bit less like a truck
The Ridgeline is really a crossover, but you already know that it's nothing more than the new Pilot with its rear top cut off.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I don't think I've put double-digit number of hours behind the wheel of a pickup truck on a road. And I used to drive one around a small marina yard when I worked there decades back. That's the extent of my truck driving. A large truck just does not interest me. I want something I can run to the home improvement store in, get the family and "supplies" to and from the in-laws that live out in the country, and haul/tow the occasional outdoor equipment from the rental store.

The wife has a 2010 Acura TSX. The walk-behind mower, all folded up, won't fit in the damn thing. Thankfully, it fits in the back of the Celica. And, otherwise, the trunk in the Evo is larger than the one in the TSX.

If you want a small truck that's like a truck, you want the Toyota and you'll live with it's demeanor on the road. If you want to do both, you're more likely to consider the Colorado/Canyon twins. If you're going to be on roads/streets - even gravel - 95+% of the time, I think the Ridgeline is the best. YMMV.

FWIW, I still won't consider a Prius, and there is nothing in the Toyota lineup - since the 86 still has too little power and I've now ruled out the Tacoma - that excites me at all.

As I continue to affirm each time I get serious about looking, I'll either keep holding on to the Celica and Evo, refining them both (at my very, very slow pace and capabilities), or replace either, but not likely both. Current Celica replacement thought is the '18 Fiesta ST. But these things seem to continue to be a ways off. *Shrug*

41 - 60 of 111 Posts