NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 447 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/02/22/report-honda-back-to-the-drawing-board-for-new-nsx/
When Honda unveiled the Advanced Sports Car Concept earlier this year, it said the vehicle was a direct preview of the 2008 Acura NSX. Typically automakers don't say which future production cars ambiguously named concepts are supposed to represent, but Honda officials had no problem disclosing their intentions for this project.

Now it appears the car might be headed back to the drawing board.

Although it wasn't slammed by the automotive press or enthusiasts, the concept didn't get rave reviews, either. It turns out Honda executives were hoping for something more breathtaking, too. As a result, they've asked the design team to rethink their plans, according to a report by Winding Road magazine.

While the basic proportions, V10 engine, and all-wheel-drive will stay, the rest of the package will likely change before production begins in early 2008. Look for the production version of the new NSX will arrive at the Tokyo Motor Show this fall.
Discuss. :eatpop:

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
god it better not suck this time...There is nothing more gross than a N/A v6 13 second "super car"

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
lVlemphizStylez said:
god it better not suck this time...There is nothing more gross than a N/A v6 13 second "super car"
I'm told its really pleasurable to drive and good for daily use

Senna himself designed it!

It just didn't have enough power . . . . you know you're in trouble when a $30,000 Z can beat you around the ring (8:38 v. 8:26)

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
The NSX didn't suck when it came out in the early 90's, it just sucked 10 years later.

Honda was disappointed that it wasn't "breathtaking?" I guess they're used to disappointment on a grand scale at Honda HQ.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
Carbonized_GT said:
nah it definitely sucked when it debuted too.. HIGH 13 second super car...for 80k...no that was never cool

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
You're right...its not...and anyone that purchased a 80k NSX and could have the new Camry hang with them on the highway should feel stupid...Cant remember the last time I did a "Canyon Run"...But I do remember the last time I got on the on ramp on I-95

What would you say to the Camry that just made your Super Car look stupid?? That youd own him if you were on a mountain side?? For 80k I better have some acceleration as well as handling...

·
15,579 Posts
lVlemphizStylez said:
You're right...its not...and anyone that purchased a 80k NSX and could have the new Camry hang with them on the highway should feel stupid...Cant remember the last time I did a "Canyon Run"...But I do remember the last time I got on the on ramp on I-95

What would you say to the Camry that just made your Super Car look stupid?? That youd own him if you were on a mountain side?? For 80k I better have some acceleration as well as handling...
I was unaware that a Camry can do 175 mph or hit the 1/4 mile in 13.4 seconds at 106 mph

http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/Acura/2002/NSX/

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
hey we all make mistakes...it costs near 90k now...it was 80k then..And it was still slow as ****..

1991 Acura NSX 5.8 14.4
1992 Acura NSX 5.6 13.9
1993 Acura NSX 5.6 13.9
1994 Acura NSX 5.3 13.6
1996 Acura NSX 5.2 13.8

The standards of today have changed again...and once again even the 2002 NSX is lack luster in the area..They seriously need to kill off the car or make it have some more balls if you want to put it in the Exotic class..If it's price tag was say...50k ok I can live with it being that slow...but for almost 100k...mid 13's?? no sir..

http://www.exoticcarsite.com/0-60-quarter-mile-times.htm

·
Registered
521 Posts
Memphiz some ppl buy cars for more than just straight line speed, I'm more likely to notice a 2002 acura NSX on the road than a 2007 Camry ,and most NSX's can be had for $30-$40k,there is actually a dealership around here selling a 2002 for $32,995 with 51k miles, while my grandparents just spent $24k on a brand new camry XLE V6. For less than $10k more you can have styling,sound,handling.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
then they must depreciate like no other car on the market....Cause base new they are 80-90k...Hell a 2002 RSX holds better value than a 2002 Acura NSX??? Well there must be a reason it depreciates so quickly (Nobody in their right mind is paying the exotic car price while not getting the exotic car performance)..What other 2002 "Exotic" can you buy at 50k?? Probably none

I'll say it again...Straight line speed may not be the only factor..But god damn it if I'm paying 100 grand for a car it better have a complete package...At 100k it shouldn't be significantly WEAK AS **** in any area..

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
Any expensive honda depreciates like crazy.

my defense of the NSX:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yAwJsOECGBU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yAwJsOECGBU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/izaWlKxVo1A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/izaWlKxVo1A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ayrton = God.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
lVlemphizStylez said:
100 grand for a car it better have a complete package...At 100k it shouldn't be significantly WEAK AS **** in any area..
In response to your videos...It may like own mountain sides (Can't say I've ran into those in the City...like where the majority of ppl live)...But it's still lack luster in straight line acceleration...Hell the 25-30k boy racer Evo has more merit as a complete package...Straight line performance sells cars here...to deny that would be naive

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
I know it's overpriced. I know it isn't as good as other contemporary cars but I'll always like the NSX for stupid reasons that have nothing to do with speed or value.

·
15,579 Posts
lVlemphizStylez said:
hey we all make mistakes...it costs near 90k now...it was 80k then..And it was still slow as ****..

1991 Acura NSX 5.8 14.4
1992 Acura NSX 5.6 13.9
1993 Acura NSX 5.6 13.9
1994 Acura NSX 5.3 13.6
1996 Acura NSX 5.2 13.8

The standards of today have changed again...and once again even the 2002 NSX is lack luster in the area..They seriously need to kill off the car or make it have some more balls if you want to put it in the Exotic class..If it's price tag was say...50k ok I can live with it being that slow...but for almost 100k...mid 13's?? no sir..

http://www.exoticcarsite.com/0-60-quarter-mile-times.htm
They already killed the car off

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
yea and all I was saying that if they bring it back this time it better not be a repeat of that sad excuse for an exotic

·
15,579 Posts
lVlemphizStylez said:
yea and all I was saying that if they bring it back this time it better not be a repeat of that sad excuse for an exotic
A few choice quotes from edmunds.com

Sports Car Comparison Test
Second Place - Acura NSX-T

By Greg Anderson
Date posted: 11-13-2000

The Acura NSX is the best car I have ever driven (current company included), and several of my colleagues share this sentiment. Well-balanced, perfectly poised, easy to drive, powerful, graceful -- the NSX is a precision instrument that is forgiving enough to make drivers of diverse skills feel like pros.

Inside, the NSX is as comfortable to drive as the Honda Accord. All controls are logically placed, the seating position is nothing short of perfect, the targa top is easily stored and visibility is better than the rest. The NSX beat the 911 soundly when it came to interior design. Where the 911's only useful display is its tachometer, the NSX was clearly well-planned to accommodate the driver.

As a purist test of automotive excellence, the NSX is unsurpassed. The shift action is simply amazing, the clutch and brake pedals are well-placed and provide excellent feedback, and steering is razor-sharp.

It beat the Viper and Carrera and lost to the Corvette because the Vette cost half as much, not because it was a better car (which is how the Vette wins all comparisons - it is probably one of the greatest performance bargains of all time)

1 - 20 of 447 Posts