NewCelica.org Forum banner

61 - 80 of 191 Posts

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
It looks so happy. Cute. I prefer the ugly looks of the rx8 myself.
When I first saw an RX8 in GT3 or GT4 I can not remember, but I thought the car was ugly as hell. Then I started seeing them in person and my opinion changed.

I do not like the looks of the RX7, but I do not understand why they do not put a turbo charger on that baby.

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
When I first saw an RX8 in GT3 or GT4 I can not remember, but I thought the car was ugly as hell. Then I started seeing them in person and my opinion changed.

I do not like the looks of the RX7, but I do not understand why they do not put a turbo charger on that baby.
whaaa? c'mon now, the rx7 > rx8 in the looks department. every angle it looked good. as for the rx8, it only looked good in some angles.
they did put a turbo in the 7s, as a matter of fact, two of them. or were you talking about the rx8? i've yet to drive a turbo rx8, but as a n/a, thought it was great... the car just needs to go on a diet a bit.

·
Super Moderator
43,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)
Update!

Mazda chief wants new RX-7
"We really want to have an RX-7 and if the market allows us to build it we will have it ready," he said.

Maeda gave strong hints that he is currently persuading other senior Mazda bosses to give the new sports car the green light.

Maeda also revealed that a new RX-7 would be a two-seater and would likely be powered by a rotary engine, like all of its predecessors.
I'll believe it when I see it.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
You actually want a Mondial?

ugh.
**** yeah. I have a 1 year old and we'll probably be adding another in a few years. I'd drive that **** to the grocery store or 5 Guys. They're going for $15,000 or so these days - why not? Its got the sound, handling and power of a 308/328/348 (Mondial 8/3.2/T) for $10-$20,000 less, and very cheap maintenance (for the 8 and 3.2, based of the 308 and 328) because you don't have to drop the engine to do service.

Keep in mind, its in the middle of my list, not the top. But I'm a sick pervert. I'm the kind of guy who'd like to put a 740i M-Sport on slicks and autocross it. I would have no problem driving that thing in the snow to work on snow tires.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
**** yeah. I have a 1 year old and we'll probably be adding another in a few years. I'd drive that **** to the grocery store or 5 Guys. They're going for $15,000 or so these days - why not? Its got the sound, handling and power of a 308/328/348 (Mondial 8/3.2/T) for $10-$20,000 less, and very cheap maintenance (for the 8 and 3.2, based of the 308 and 328) because you don't have to drop the engine to do service.

Keep in mind, its in the middle of my list, not the top. But I'm a sick pervert. I'm the kind of guy who'd like to put a 740i M-Sport on slicks and autocross it. I would have no problem driving that thing in the snow to work on snow tires.
Hmm, I must have gotten the Mondial t mixed up with the Dino. I just did a quick look up on the specs on the Mondial, and it does seem to be quite the 'cheap' RedHead. I had no clue that it shared the same engine as the 348 in 't' form.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
Hmm, I must have gotten the Mondial t mixed up with the Dino. I just did a quick look up on the specs on the Mondial, and it does seem to be quite the 'cheap' RedHead. I had no clue that it shared the same engine as the 348 in 't' form.
Its basically a 4 seat 308/328/348.

Its pretty ugly but hey, you get a lot of performance AND functionality.

Plus, can you name another 4 seat, mid-engine car?

61 - 80 of 191 Posts