NewCelica.org Forum banner

2020 Toyota GR Supra (A90)

40K views 731 replies 25 participants last post by  Motor 
#1 ·
btw this is happening. 5axis did the concept. I have teaser pics, but if I post them I'll get in trouble.

#12 ·
If it's a hybrid I don't care what it looks like and won't for a while.

#14 ·
Because the tech constantly changes/improves and it adds lots of bucks to the price. So you overpay for a car to begin with and because tech marched on they lose resale. Picture that original Prius after it's been on the road for 14 years like my Celica. I'd have shelled out 10+K for a battery replacement, too.

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GO0T-eb1jrI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
On this episode of The Downshift, we talk with the designers of Toyota's new FT-1 concept, the car that could become the next Toyota Supra. The concept was designed by Calty Design Research who has been responsible for some of the Toyota brands most interesting designs including the FJ Cruiser concept, 2000 Celica and the Scion tC. Could the FT-1 concept make its way to market and usher in a new era of Toyota sports cars? Only time will tell.

#23 ·
God no.

#26 ·
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/s7OlElXBZ9M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Calty Design Research President Kevin Hunter introduces the Toyota FT-1 sports car concept at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Jan. 13, 2014. First devised by Calty in Sony PlayStation's Gran Turismo 6, the name FT-1 stands for "Future Toyota," and the number "1" represents the ultimate. According to its designers at Calty Design Research, the FT-1 Concept is the ultimate expression of a Toyota coupe design, building upon Toyota's rich sports coupe heritage dating back to the 2000GT, Celica, Supra, MR2 and most recently Scion FR-S. For more on the FT-1, visit http://www.toyota.com/concept-vehicles/