NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
It says that they will produce the new model and it will be hybrid only, same powertrain as the GS450h.

Oh...+2

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The current one costs over 180K here!
Biggest rip off ever. You could get a nice 360 for that much or a perfect 1yr old Aston Martin.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I don't know why you guys are hating on the SC430, it is currently the ultimate GT car under 80,000. Name a car that has everything the SC offers (for, indeed, the housewife crowd) - convertible, numb as balls but generous power reserves from it's V8 for highway cruising, and a killer lexus interior, even if it is a bit dated. And are you guys actaully telling me you hated the 2JZ powered SC300? If so, ya'll suck.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I wish it was more sporty and weighed less.
My mom has a SC400 and that thing doesn't handle as well as I hoped it would.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
I don't know why you guys are hating on the SC430, it is currently the ultimate GT car under 80,000. Name a car that has everything the SC offers (for, indeed, the housewife crowd) - convertible, numb as balls but generous power reserves from it's V8 for highway cruising, and a killer lexus interior, even if it is a bit dated. And are you guys actaully telling me you hated the 2JZ powered SC300? If so, ya'll suck.
Ahahaha Ultimate GT car... Ahahahaa :laugh:

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
The original SC was decent, the thing survived for 10 years virtually unchanged. Lexus went too soft when they redesigned the thing in 2002 and that's the gripe most of us have with it.
The SC300, though powered by the 2JZ was only N/A. The good thing was that a fix was only a 2JZ-GTE swap away.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
wow. I never really knew who you were or had any respect for you, but now I've lumped you into the "no respect whatsoever" category.

lets see here . . . .

Mustang
Camaro
Challenger
335i
650i
XK8
S5

every single one of those cars is better than the Lexus SC in every single way possible. The Lexus SC is an abortion.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Out of that list the S5 gets my vote. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Out of that list, the only true GT car that i'll give you is the 650i; maybe the S5, which isn't actually considered a GT.

Would you really take a Mustang over an SC430? Really?

edit: btw marc, you really need to chill out with your god complex, it, along with yourself, are really not that cool.

·
Super Moderator
46,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
wow. I never really knew who you were or had any respect for you, but now I've lumped you into the "no respect whatsoever" category.
edit: btw marc, you really need to chill out with your god complex, it, along with yourself, are really not that cool.
Save those comments for OT:EAYOR. Not here.

Instead of making a new thread, I'll just put this here:
2010 Lexus SC 430

FULL STORY
* New 18-Inch Six-Spoke Wheels (shown above)
* iPod/USB Connectivity
* 6th Generation HDD-based navigation with Voice Control, and Bluetooth connectivity
* New side mirrors with integrated puddle lamps
* The Mark Levinson Premium Audio System is now standard
* A new color, Costa Azul Mica (shown above), will replace Tigereye Mica
It must have been updated for a reason. :shrugs:

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
As long as it makes profit it will stay alive, that's Toyota, so I guess it still has a business case. :shrugs:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

Mmmm do i want the convertible house wife car with numb as balls engine or do i want something that isnt a 180k turd?

I think ill take any of the other cars mentioned in this thread over the lexus.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
lets see here . . . .

Mustang
Camaro
Challenger
335i
650i
XK8
S5

every single one of those cars is better than the Lexus SC in every single way possible. The Lexus SC is an abortion.
You can get a DB9 or V8 Vantage for under 80k, same with a Maserati GranSport, Ferrari 550, 456 or 612 Scag.

Ultimate GT car, ah that still makes me chuckle.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts