NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
does the exige actually have a stiffer body than the elise? because i've heard that the exige is pretty much just a hardtop elise (as opposed to a true coupe version where the body cage was actually redesigned)

anyways as for as looks go this profile pic doesn't tell us sh1t

·
Lurking06 Celica07 Join08
5,327 Posts
does the exige actually have a stiffer body than the elise? because i've heard that the exige is pretty much just a hardtop elise (as opposed to a true coupe version where the body cage was actually redesigned)

anyways as for as looks go this profile pic doesn't tell us sh1t
exige is usually (besides 06) the supercharged version.. you basically have no rear window because of the inter cooler that's on top of the engine.

They are both made of the same material on the outside.

The elise and exige both have hard tops. (they are removable)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
exige is usually (besides 06) the supercharged version.. you basically have no rear window because of the inter cooler that's on top of the engine.
thats not right, its just that you normally only see the supercharged versions. the base versions of both cars offer an n/a 2zz (and at one time i think they even offered the 1zz in europe)

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
2.0 Liter 4 cylinder? Must be a Euro or Japanese motor. Nothing in the US between 1.8 and 2.4.

Maybe Something in the ZR family.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
wow Lotus has been extremely busy!
If they bring out all the models they will be a fully revitalized fully fledged car maker. They have the possibility of being a major player i like these cars more than porsches line up.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
1095 kg = 2414 lbs. Looks like the lotus got fat on mcdees.

boosted2.0 said:
2.0 Liter 4 cylinder?
I thought the same thing, never heard of a US 2.0 litre 4. I think with 300 hp though the power to weight will still be good.

Not digging the front end, but I bet this one will be much more comfortable to be inside, and probably 25k more expensive than the current model.

·
Super Moderator
49,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update!

I hope that supercharged 2.0-liter Toyota four sees duty in some upcoming Toyota's (i.e. FT-86...please please).

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7zDb7fabfGo?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7zDb7fabfGo?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

·
Registered
562 Posts
Looks good ... but the side mirrors. Where is the camera inside to view who's on the side of you? Or how would that work..hmm I also just don't know about the windshield...that's a big windshield and I bet I'd be pretty damn expensive to fix if you got a crack in it..but then again if you're buying this car, money probably isn't an issue either, so something like a $600 plus or minus windshield would be nothing. I'd get the front windshield tinted 5%, only like an eyebrow though, just because having the how sun beam on you that high would suck. Already hate the sun going through my sunroof so I keep it shaded most of the time. Interesting for a 2.0 4 though. Celica's should have came with one from the start, I wounder how much work it would be to do the swap into a celica..or if i'd even be worth it.

·
Super Moderator
49,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks good ... but the side mirrors. Where is the camera inside to view who's on the side of you? Or how would that work..hmm I also just don't know about the windshield...that's a big windshield and I bet I'd be pretty damn expensive to fix if you got a crack in it.
Keep in mind that this Elise is still in concept form and that it's going to get watered down for production. Those mirrors will likely be gone. A lot of revisions will probably take place behind the scenes from now till 2015.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Keep in mind that this Elise is still in concept form and that it's going to get watered down for production. Those mirrors will likely be gone. A lot of revisions will probably take place behind the scenes from now till 2015.
Yeah you're right. If on the gauge cluster in between the mph and rpm gauge, if it displayed a camera view for the left and right side mirrors would be awesome.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts