NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Super Moderator
52,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nissan considers 200SX sucessor

Nissan is considering building an inexpensive sports car based on the Foria concept car (pictured) shown in 2005. If built, it would essentially be a spiritual successor to the much-missed 200SX, according to Autocar. The rear-wheel-drive car would be positioned below the 350Z, according to the report.

Another possibility under consideration at Nissan is building a mid-engined car in the same price range, perhaps inspired by the two-seat Urge concept. Either vehicle would arrive in showrooms around 2010, the report said. Currently, the Foria-based project seems most likely, with Nissan again showing the car to media at its global design studio in Atsugi this week.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
I like the thought but not the design.

·
Registered
425 Posts
a rear wheel drive below the 350Z means it would be like the new 240sx cuz the old one was right under the 300zx

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's new and it if does eventually hit the market, somewhere, someone is going to buy one....

I won't step down from the Z... If I sell/trade the car I am going to step up to the GTR...

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
I'm waiting for a company who puts suicide doors on their concept car to actually have the balls to put it on their production car.

Trucks and sedans w/ the tiny suicide door (i.e. RX8 and Saturn) don't count.

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
Honda Element.

The real reason they never show up on finished cars is that they're incredibly inconvenient. Try parking in a pull-in space with 4 people in th car and exit. Once you open all the doors you're trapped in a little box created by the car, the 2 open doors adn the car next to you and you have to do this complicated door-closing/opening dance. It's really annoying, It happens with my friend's Element all the time.

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
neological said:
Honda Element.

The real reason they never show up on finished cars is that they're incredibly inconvenient. Try parking in a pull-in space with 4 people in th car and exit. Once you open all the doors you're trapped in a little box created by the car, the 2 open doors adn the car next to you and you have to do this complicated door-closing/opening dance. It's really annoying, It happens with my friend's Element all the time.
Element. Good pull.

The dance is worth it, especially if you had a money 50's gangsta car.

·
Super Moderator
52,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
2010 Nissan Silvia

Update!

2010 Nissan Silvia
As brilliant as the new GT-R is, its premium price tag and limited availability means it will be out of reach of most sports car lovers for some time to come. Then there’s the 350Z but it too can be a bit expensive for younger fans. Sadly, Nissan’s affordable sports car, the Silvia (240SX), no longer exists. In fact, Nissan’s image of late has been skewed towards the SUV segment, but this may soon change with speculation there’s a Silvia replacement in the works.

According to latest reports, Nissan Chief Carlos Ghosn and the carmaker’s COO Toshiyuki Shiga have both hinted at the return of the Silvia in 2010.

This rendering, which turned up on RocketPunch, gives a possible styling direction for the new coupe, and draws some of its lines from Nissan’s own Foria concept car.

Whatever the final version looks like, we just hope it retains the punchy four-banger and RWD layout of its predecessors.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Fvcking ugly.

But I hope they keep the idea.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
there is no way this will happen.

2 door coupes that nissan sells:
Skyline GTR
350z
Altima coupe

there is no reason they need to sell another two door car.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts