NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here comes this 91 240sx looks to be completely stock.
then i hear the spooling sound and the BOV goes psssh i was like "oh ****" thinking it's the SR20DET
knowing i'm gonna get killed we take off on a rolling start started off in 1st and thought i was hanging with him "dunno if he was toying with me or what" but once he shifted he was gone like i was sitting still. we only ran upto 65mph "because there where 2 cops up ahead parked" we'll i got up to 65 hehe. i asked him what he's done to his car and he said a skyline engine swap!
dunno if it's true but i heard he ran high 11 second pass at the track and got banned because he wasn't wearing a helmat nor did he have a roll cage.

i don't street race i would say that's the first time since my first mod my Injen CAI like november 2001

but that car was a sleeper damn was it fast!

"hope all this made since :)"

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dunno i've ran against a 12 sec honda and this thing was clearly faster...
and there are a few 240sx 95 body styles with the sr20det and they are nothing compared nor the sound of it who know i didn't see the motor for my self sooo... i can just go by what he told me and what i experenced :) heh

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
I like to do that with the last body style of the 240sx before it was cancelled. That car looked so hot! :drool:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
skyline swap is possible, there is a shop near me that does them into 240's for 7 grand

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
yea, RB swaps in 240's are actually getting pretty popular and aren't much more expensive than doing SR swaps (that is if you use an older motor, but no telling what an RB26 would run). a guy at a meet i was at saturday had an RB20 out of an R32 and it was pretty sweet. here's a shot of it for the non-believers :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
ha ha, I remember my first experience with a turbo 240 was like 4 years ago when this kid in my engineering class gave me a ride in his. GODAMM that thing was fast, smoked the tires at a 40 mph 2nd gear downshift! I distinctly remember him saying that people are starting to swap skyline engines in 240s. Thats gotta be stupid fast.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
one of my friends friends recently got a 240sx and said he was going to put in a skyline motor... i didnt really believe him, cuz wouldnt that just kill the weight distribution?

anyway if that works.... DAMN..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts