1,094 Posts
Thats great combo, 2JZ & BMW shell :)

·
Super Moderator
43,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
E30 1JZ

E92 2JZ D1
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E7LvYiJsGSU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E7LvYiJsGSU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
lol i love option video some of their stuff is funny as.
Also that E92 is freaking sweet!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
hmmmm that e30 looks familiar.
i saw an e30 a while back that that a 2jz in san bruno, CA. sleeeeper status just like the one above.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
idk why you'd swap out the v8 in the E92 and go with the straight 6... all of them are great! they seem to fit so nicely in there :gap:
well, the 2JZ is proven to be able to hold a lot of peak power. Too bad the power delivery on this motor is pretty poor.

nobody's boosted that BMW V8 yet (BMW does have a twin turbo V8 on the market right now) so they don't know its limits. - but it does have individual throttle bodies which might make things difficult.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That looks amazing!

Personally, I would put in an m70 in any of those platforms over the 2JZ.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
well, the 2JZ is proven to be able to hold a lot of peak power. Too bad the power delivery on this motor is pretty poor.

nobody's boosted that BMW V8 yet (BMW does have a twin turbo V8 on the market right now) so they don't know its limits. - but it does have individual throttle bodies which might make things difficult.
There are actually a number of kits available for the V8 already with people having had the kits for a while now. However they are running low boost under 7psi as far as i remember.
I think GPower is around 500whp and ESS is around 600whp.
700hp kit in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht8R-qLjTa0&feature=player_embedded

They also have stroker kits, cams, intakes, pretty much everything.
RD sports stroker gives about 420hp.

I would stick with the new V8, i think mild boost and 500hp would be enough :p

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
There are actually a number of kits available for the V8 already with people having had the kits for a while now. However they are running low boost under 7psi as far as i remember.
I think GPower is around 500whp and ESS is around 600whp.
700hp kit in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht8R-qLjTa0&feature=player_embedded

They also have stroker kits, cams, intakes, pretty much everything.
RD sports stroker gives about 420hp.

I would stick with the new V8, i think mild boost and 500hp would be enough :p
I thought the stock car already came with something like 414 hp . . . . .

in reality though, a chipped/bolt on 335i will smoke an M3 (in a straight line).

·
Super Moderator
43,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
2JZ in a S2000
...500hp, so despite it’s showy appearance, the numbers speak for themselves….Not only is the motor built, it also has a GT45R turbo and Ford rear-end to hold all that power...
Mustang rear end? It must fly.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
in reality though, a chipped/bolt on 335i will smoke an M3 (in a straight line).
Truth + a chipped/bolted (dinan?) 135i :drool:

LOL @ the delorian. but why would you mount it in the rear facing backwards? Curious to see how they are going to run the rest of the drivetrain with the trans pointing forwards (assuming that's what they're doing and not going full custom)

on second glance... they made it a FWD car? wtf?! and how many miles of intercooler piping do they need? yeesh! woulda been better suited with a 2zz/E153 swap :gap:

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Are you on fvcking glue? :marky:

He is using a standard DeLorean transmission with a different bellhousing. the car remains RWD. And from the factory that is how the engine is set up.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
hrmmmmm 2jz celica?

21 - 40 of 203 Posts