NewCelica.org Forum banner

81 - 100 of 203 Posts

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
Not great pics but this is all I had about the car: 1973 Toyota Crown MS65 with a newer generation VVT-i 1JZ.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
Suspension was pretty sturdy from the factory, front suspension didn't need much work, the Crown carried a pretty good double wishbone from the get go in front. Rear got a complete disc-equipped live axle from a 1983 Crown with tougher gear. The newer axle only needs minor modifications to fit the earlier chassis. The rest is springs and shocks.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
It doesn't surprise me. I mean, a stock engine that can handle upwards of 800hp(from what i've heard)? WHo can beat having that in their car?!

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Some guys pushed it to 950whpish.

It would be a tough call putting a 2jz in a miata. I think i would much rather throw a Renesis or 20B in that sucker, the weight distribution stays near stock too.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Some guys pushed it to 950whpish.

It would be a tough call putting a 2jz in a miata. I think i would much rather throw a Renesis or 20B in that sucker, the weight distribution stays near stock too.
That's fvcking ridiculous! :AF:

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
I'm almost 100% sure that you can NOT EVER get a 2jz into a 7th gen celica without tearing apart the body as did the drag car version. You will not be able to drive it on the road.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
I'm almost 100% sure that you can NOT EVER get a 2jz into a 7th gen celica without tearing apart the body as did the drag car version. You will not be able to drive it on the road.
justin has/is doing it .. ( lowredcruzr )

·
Super Moderator
43,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Update!

2JZ 1977 Celica Supra

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S2TwyKDtQkw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S2TwyKDtQkw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Now that's a great swap.

81 - 100 of 203 Posts