NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
That's a really good question. My second gear has been shifting like crap for a long time. Does anyone know how to go about this?

·
Registered
191 Posts
i would also like to know, i have to wait like a full 2 seconds after i shift out of first to get it in or shift in low rpms

·
Registered
958 Posts
Mine is really bad on down shifting unless I rev match it perfect so I'm curious as well.
________
WEB SHOWS

·
Registered
609 Posts
haha same here, second is a bitch for me, im still under warrenty though would they replace it? it occurs mostly when i'm at high RPM's, but when the dealer drives it i dont think they test it to that extreme so they dont notice it..

·
Registered
92 Posts
mine does it to but i noticed it started doing it after toyota put in my clutch kit to prevent miss shifts ( after blowing my first engine) so im not really sure its the syncros just a thought

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
^^^
Thats what I hear. You can save some cash if you have the means to take the tranny out yourself and then drop it off at a shop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude I Know!

Crisis11 said:
i would also like to know, i have to wait like a full 2 seconds after i shift out of first to get it in or shift in low rpms
Dude its the same deal with me! It sucks when some rice civic pulls up beside you with all windows down, and u take off, and then u shift to 2nd and all u hear is a massive CLUNK!

I heard from another forum is about 300$ for the 2nd gear scyncs but im gonna call a few tranny places tomorrow during work, and get back to you.

-Steve

·
Registered
118 Posts
street_king said:
It sucks when some rice civic pulls up beside you with all windows down, and u take off, and then u shift to 2nd and all u hear is a massive CLUNK!
Me too. :puke: I have to get it fixed, but 1000$ is a lot of freakin money.
I hate when people ask if I've got the clutch in. I'm all :fawk:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Clutch In

Here is something right weird, i was at a stop light with my buddy, he pimps a Benz, and we were side by side, we both ripp it, i rev first to high rpms, and shift to 2nd, and it didnt Clunk! i was totaly weirded out. I mean i felt it grind a bit, but didnt make nearly as loud as when i hit just over 20 km. maybe cause it was so loud, but still? thought id throw that out thurr.

-Steve

·
Registered
634 Posts
The only way I can get 2nd to go in is if I double clutch. Gas pedal must be WOT otherwise it goes *grrrrr* and your car stops accelerating :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts