NewCelica.org Forum banner

81 - 100 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
just for future reference excuse my stupidity.
but obviously im a newb (hence the one post), i own a 2003 corolla "s" and i have EVERYTHING from an XRS. i wanted to do the swap but what would i need? from what i was told that im gonna need the harness's from the motor down to the alarm to the doors because the 03-05 has different wirings. is this true? and YES i know this is a celica forum but no one has swapped the XRS into a rolla yet so i figure you folks could help me. again excuse me and please help me.

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
I'm currently busy with swapping my 1ZZ engine for a 2ZZ and I was wondering if I can mount my stock 1ZZ exhaust to the 2ZZ midpipe. This is a temporary solution until I've ordered a more free flowing exhaust.
That should be fine I'm still running my aftermarket Gt exhaust.

just for future reference excuse my stupidity.
but obviously im a newb (hence the one post), i own a 2003 corolla "s" and i have EVERYTHING from an XRS. i wanted to do the swap but what would i need? from what i was told that im gonna need the harness's from the motor down to the alarm to the doors because the 03-05 has different wirings. is this true? and YES i know this is a celica forum but no one has swapped the XRS into a rolla yet so i figure you folks could help me. again excuse me and please help me.
That doesn't sound right to me. If you have the engine harness and everything plugs up correctly to the underside of the fuse box the rest really shouldn't matter. This is coming from someone who did this swap themselves. I could be wrong but from a logical stand point it just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the same thing that i thought. but today we are gonna be taking out the motor from my XRS shell so we're gonna study the harness today to see if the changes are needed. thnx.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a nice 02 Gt with a blowen tranny, so i bought a smashed 03 gts, i have the whole car ! can i just drop the 2zz in change the tack ECU, Throttle cable from cruise control, computer and go ?? or do i have to hack wires ?? Im also parting the rest of the car out windos, doors, tail lights ect. tag me if you want something.

What does DBW mean ??

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey guys. i am also thinking about swapping the engine. so .. sry for this question .. but: is it important to buy a engine from a lhd (left hand drive) celica or not? because i live in austria and if this is not important if the celica was rhd or lhd i would buy the engine from uk.

or maybe i can buy a frontclip from japane?

thanks for your help :eek::

·
Registered
761 Posts
hey guys. i am also thinking about swapping the engine. so .. sry for this question .. but: is it important to buy a engine from a lhd (left hand drive) celica or not? because i live in austria and if this is not important if the celica was rhd or lhd i would buy the engine from uk.

or maybe i can buy a frontclip from japane?

thanks for your help :eek::
I see you found the site! I hope you'll find all the information you need.

Don't think it matters. The engines are the same. Just wondering about the throttle and shift cables.

Greetz,

Thomas Blokker (Also from Celica-community :gap:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Is there going to be a problem when i mount a 2002 Gts long block into my 2001 Gts engine bay? There is nothing mounted on the new block, i have to put everything from the old block over to the new. Will i encounter any problems? Like knocksensor problems?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm planning on doing the 2zz swap into my 2000 GT, just a few things I'm concerned about. As far as my shifter goes, will I have 2 swap it out? If I buy the GTS wiring harness I shoodn't have a problem wiring everything (knock sensor, lift, etc...). Could I just buy a cluster from a GTS and replace mine?

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
I'm planning on doing the 2zz swap into my 2000 GT, just a few things I'm concerned about. As far as my shifter goes, will I have 2 swap it out? If I buy the GTS wiring harness I shoodn't have a problem wiring everything (knock sensor, lift, etc...). Could I just buy a cluster from a GTS and replace mine?
The shifter is not an issue, If you get a GTS wiring harness it will work fine, same with the cluster. Good Luck.

·
Registered
202 Posts
is it any worth to convert my gt 2000 auto to gts 6 speed ?? i love my car and its slow for sure...just thinking should i do this route or save up for a 370 z?

thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Okay, I have a 2001 Celica GT! It is burning oil like crazy, around 1 quart per 700 miles. I have found a 2004 Matrix XRS motor/tranny/wire harness/alternator/ignition/ecu. What I am wondering is what problems I may run into in the swap. From reading this thread I understand my tach on my gauges will not work unless I find a GTS gauge cluster. But what I am wondering is what I do as far as the ECU. I understand that the 04 XRS will be DBW and my 01 uses a throttle cable. Now do I have to get a earlier ECU and throttle body from a earlier GTS or could I get a throttle mechanism (gas pedal) from a 04 GTS and make my 01 DBW and use the 04 ECU. Just trying to figure out what all I need before I order the parts. Any input is appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
is it any worth to convert my gt 2000 auto to gts 6 speed ?? i love my car and its slow for sure...just thinking should i do this route or save up for a 370 z?
imo, sell the gt and put the money your going to use in investing to buy all the parts for a swap and just get the GTS, that's what i did, i was quoted around 4k for the swap, including motor, tranny, etc and labor, so i sold my celi, added almost 3k and got me a gts :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
What its that 00-03 2zz... what is special about them, and why not use the newer ones?
is it that higher Rev limiter models?

81 - 100 of 207 Posts