NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Celica Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I went by the guide below and got some piece I need so far to add this to my engine.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=333279

I got the 5sfe oil cooler and the bolt does have the bypass but of course it's too long. When I Google 3/4 -16 die I come up with nothing Amazon has a 3/4 -14 but that's it.

I'm not a tool person who I'm not sure if there is an equivalent numbering for the same size die or if that was written correctly.

I tried to going to a machine shop, but they said first they would have to run it thru the lathe (at $60 / hr) before they can cut the threads. One thing I'm hating about a small town, old people own a lot of stores and are not to willing to help a young guy with weird requests. So he wasn't too keen and said he would get to it eventually as well. Woo.

So I'm on my own. Just need the correct die and where to get it and then move on.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
I wonder if a different model Toyota part would work, maybe a MZ oil filter bolt would work?

·
Celica Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I might tackle it myself. I've got a dremel I run down the metal to then cut the threads and then shorten it like the instructions. But my problem is I found a 3/4" 14 die, nothing to 3/4 -16 die.

·
Celica Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found it, just had to search for it differently. At least I hope I found it, $13 for just 1 die. About $35, I could have gotten a set at Tractor supply.

·
Celica Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the oil filter sandwich from a 2zz Lotus if you are interested. I offered it for sale on the Facebook page before and no one expressed interest. I has AN fittings instead of the rubber lines. Lotus' came factory with two oil coolers.

·
Celica Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PMd

·
Celica Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
InTheDeTaiLs are you still selling the oil cooler? I've also PMd, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts