NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Hello guys!
I'm glad to tell you that my project is finished!
The rear wheel drive 2zz powered celica zzt231!
Now that's really race car lol

This is the specs i have:
2ZZ-GZE engine, stock internals, with greddy compressor, stock pulley
Apexi pfc, tuned by myself (thanks to the Jesse IL thread)
ZEX nitrous 55 shot
Intake was custom made from Injen CAI tube
Axleback custom made from the mangaflow canister
MWR flywheel
Clutch basket - stock, the same that are on the C60
Clutch disk - from BMW E46 with N42 engine
Transmission - 5 speed GETRAG manual transmission, from the same BMW
Cardan - as far as i remember it was from the Toyota Caldina ST215, it was machined and ballanced
Rear diff - Toyota Caldina 215 ST diff with Torsen
Rear underframe (i don't know is it correct on English) - Toyota corolla 124
Rear swaybar and the endlinks are from the same Toyota Corolla 124
Wheel hubs are from the Toyota Caldina ST 246
The suspension arms and the shock absorbers are all stock (I'm on teins currently)
The front underframe was custom made.

Most of the part has been chosen for the reason that i wanted to save in the car as many stock parts as possible, i just didn't want to have a celica body with all the other parts inside lol But anyway the time for the whole project took 2 months... The name of the service i have gave my car is “Selivanenko garage”. Yes, the Russians can do crazy projects lol

Now i can drift it, it's really funny!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello. Thank you, guys, for the input!

I have to drive to the station and weight the car, just haven't done it yet. But i think that the balance of the car became better than it was before. As far as i know stock celica has about 64/36 distribution. Considering that the transmission is gone to the backside of the car, + the cardan, the speed reducer + rear underframe + the rear axels have added the weight to the rear of the car, and there no more front axels :) and the battery is in the trunk now, i think it should be closer to 50/50 ratio. But again, i have to weight it.

When i driving it feels like the handling is pretty nice.
And yeah, when the project was done the rear wheels became dived in. I don't know how to explain it on English. Like if you look at the car from 1 of the side, the rear of it was a little bit lower than the front of the car. So i adjusted the height of the rear coilovers and now it has became parallel to the ground. You know what i mean?
So i think the wheight in the back is pretty enough now

·
Registered
32 Posts
woooww amazing project!!
I have something in mind seemed for 4wd though possibly I praise myself for the crazy of the rwd as your!

·
Registered
201 Posts
What transmission, rear diff, and rear suspension did you use? Great work. It good to see people taking to more serious modifications of these cars.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
woooww amazing project!!
I have something in mind seemed for 4wd though possibly I praise myself for the crazy of the rwd as your!
Thanks! :)

What transmission, rear diff, and rear suspension did you use? Great work. It good to see people taking to more serious modifications of these cars.
As I've written above the transmition is the getrag 250, it came from bmw e46 with n42 engine.
The rear diff has come from Toyota Caldina 215 ST
All suspension is stock.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What did you do for motor mounts?
It's now on 2 motor mounts made of the polyurethane spacers. But they are to tough, and to much vibration and noise is coming into the car.
Selivanenko is going to replace them for something more soft to eliminate this problem.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The floor has been cut off at the rear part of the car to match to the rear underframe and the gasoline tank. The gasoline tank has came from the Toyota Fielder. Unfortunately, i haven't made the photo of the rear underframe itself, but i have the photo while it's already mounted to the car.

Then they was closed with the metal plates:

Some pictures of the front underframe:

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
Ok, big question, how much heavier is it than stock now? That front frame looks pretty chunky!

·
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis
6,652 Posts
Impressive work and rarely done too!

Shame you didn't drop a bigger engine in there while you were at it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ok, big question, how much heavier is it than stock now? That front frame looks pretty chunky!
Selivanenko said that the front frame has about the same weight, maybe 2 kg heavier than stock frame. Anyway many kg is gone to the rear from the front.
I don't know how much weights the car now, have to weight it.

Impressive work and rarely done too!

Shame you didn't drop a bigger engine in there while you were at it.
Thanks!
I have thought about different engines i could go with, such as JZ, UZ engines, but i decided to go with 2zz for the several reasons:
1) most of these engines much heavier than 2zz and considering that the weight distribution is already weird on celica installing one of such heavy engines can simply ruin it.
2) stick with the stock engine means that i will have the same ECU, the same wires and electronics, that will let me to avoid many problems with unworkable electronics etc if i'd choose another engine.
3) i like the 2zz engine, i like its characteristic, i like it revs high.
I think i will go in the future with big turbo on the 2zz engine rather than swapping to another bigger engine. As i saw here, many people have done pretty good hp/tq numbers on boosted 2zz engines. So why not :)

But Selivanenko doesn't think so. He said: “I know for sure that one day you will come to me again for the bigger engine hahaha” lol
The time will show :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts