NewCelica.org Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a question I have been reading thru many post. Can not seem to find this question and answer.

I have an 01 gt. Motor is blown. I have an 03 vibe gt complete car. What all do I need from the vibe to do the swap? Also in process of removing the motors from their respective homes, I have noticed several differences like the engine harness to ecu and also at the fuse boxes... do I need to do some repinning here

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
use only the engine from the vibe. manifolds, sensors, wiring, etc. all from the celica. you might also have to drill and tap the axle carrier bracket holes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So should I use the transmission from celica and swap the flywheel from the vibe over? Using the engine and ecu from vibe and all else from celica I would then need pin the lift to the ecu correct?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
So should I use the transmission from celica and swap the flywheel from the vibe over? Using the engine and ecu from vibe and all else from celica I would then need pin the lift to the ecu correct?

use whatever clutch and flywheel you want, just keep them the same combo.

you can open the Vibe harness and de-pin the LIFT wires and then add that to the GT harness

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok awesome. Thanks so much for the input. I will keep you posted on the progress over the next while as I progress... I am sure I will have a few more questions..

61 - 67 of 67 Posts