NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
547 Posts
Define ‘clean’

why did you change the clutch.

are you getting full throw on the clutch slave? ( requires help).. confirmthis before ripping the box back out.

· Registered
547 Posts
I had this happen once when I installed the clutch disk backwards.
This. If I think I read your posts….

cracked fork will only give issues when running because…. The gears are spinning… not you cannot sit with the car running, foot off the clutch and change gears.

i think you wrote the thickest part of the clutch plate is toward the crank bolts,? The thickest part should be into the centre of the pressure plate. Flat side toward the bolts in the centre.

· Registered
547 Posts
Absolutely is, I’d suggest buying a new clutch plate only.
Fuck me.. how much loctite did you use?

I use NONE.. flywheel to crank bolts get a small drop on every second one I pick up, which is wiped thread to thread with the next bolt I pick up.

brakeclean that flywheel SPOTLESS..

There is really very few parts that NEED Loctite.

Glasses Vision care Product Gesture Font

· Registered
547 Posts
If you think about how a clutch should work, with you foot away from the pedal the pressure plate spring presses the clutch plate tight against the flywheel causing a direct drive via the input shaft in the spline of the plate.

push your foot on the pedal and you free the clutch plate from flywheel stopping the input shaft spinning.

you glued the clutch plate to the rotating parts so it never disengaged drive.

· Registered
547 Posts
But the clutch material is soft organic like a sponge, it’s a big risk that you have removed the loctite from within the lining.

if you haven’t heat will draw it out again and you won’t be at home when it does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts