NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering if any of you knew what other transmissions I would be able to bolt up to the 2ZZ engine besides the 5-speed (C50), 6-speed (C60), and the SMT. Or are those the only ones that would fit the 2ZZ?

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Thing that will bolt up directly to a 2ZZ:
GT-S Auto Trip-tonic (4 Speed)
C-56 (5 Speed)
C-60 (6 Speed)
E153 (5 Speed Make sure to buy the conversion kit with all the parts)

Things that wont work:
GT Auto (4 speed)
MR-S Trip-tonic (5 Speed?)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys what I'm trying to figure out is if I can swap in the 2ZZ in a 76 Celica GT since i couldn't sell it and I don't want to have it as a FWD I'm trying to find a tranny that'll allow me to keep it as RWD

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
you have a 76 celica that is already RWD. i dont understand why you are even considering a 2ZZ. you should be looking into a V6 like the 1MZ or 3MZ and hook it to a truck transmission. Im pretty sure the R154 trans bolts right up to the V6 too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you have a 76 celica that is already RWD. i dont understand why you are even considering a 2ZZ. you should be looking into a V6 like the 1MZ or 3MZ and hook it to a truck transmission. Im pretty sure the R154 trans bolts right up to the V6 too.
Well the only reason I even thought about that is my friend suggested maybe I try to swap the 20R for the 2ZZ. Since I never was able to sell the motor and tranny I might try to make a use out of it. But if I can't I'll just keep that 20R for the moment I was just trying to figure out if there was a transmission out there for what I was trying to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.