NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just a few questions about this topic....

If a 1994 DOHC Base Model gt raced a 00 and up Gt or GT-S..... both stock cars....who is lookin to come out on top??? With two decent drivers.....

with the 3000gt weighin more would that count as much of a disadvantage? It also has alot more horse and torque...so where do they stand?

Any info and opinions are appreciated....

Thanks, Tyler

94 3000gt's performance stats:

Weight: 3197 lbs.
Horsepower: 222 hp
Torque: 205 ft-lbs

·
Registered
249 Posts
dude with my gts i hug with a vr4 from a roll till 3 u should kill that non turbo no problem and vr4 have 320 and i can chill with that car till 3rid

·
Registered
12 Posts
The 3000gt is a pig. I could have sworn that thing weighs a lot more than that....otherwise, those numbers are on par with an Accord V6...so mid-high 15s...but I think it weighs a lot more...

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
"dude with my gts i hug with a vr4 from a roll till 3 u should kill that non turbo no problem and vr4 have 320 and i can chill with that car till 3rid"

LMAO!!!

A VR4 runs mid to low 13s. The first turbos were 300HP and the later ones 320 HP. Maybe the dude was toying with you.

To the original poster-who cares run them and find out. A GT should lose to one stock but on the street there are so many variables so who knows. A stock DOHC one is capable of low 15s-a touch slower than a GTS stick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ryangts said:
dude with my gts i hug with a vr4 from a roll till 3 u should kill that non turbo no problem and vr4 have 320 and i can chill with that car till 3rid
LOL trust me he wasnt trying too hard if you hung with him til 3rd. They aint the greatest from roll b/c of the AWD but he would have owned you either way if he was racing. Those cars are low to mid 13 cars stock

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
A n/a 3000 GT should beat a GT but lose to a GT-S 6spd, VR4 will eat them up!

·
Registered
221 Posts
ryangts said:
LMFAO, that's uh, an interesting story you have there. I wonder why I don't believe it :rolleyes: Money's on it wasn't really a VR-4, the driver was toying with you, or there was some major problem with the car.

DOHC 5-speed NA 3S: 15's, low to high depending on driver/car.

·
Registered
990 Posts
the base model 3000 gt has like 140 hp or somethin like that the SL has the 222 hp and a gts will take out a SL no problem and a gt should take out a base model and be able to hang if not surpas a SL model

·
Registered
221 Posts
gnes100 said:
the base model 3000 gt has like 140 hp or somethin like that
No.

First off, look at the title of this thread. "Base DOHC Models" And the SOHC puts out 161, not 140.

'91-'96 -- DOHC -- 222 horsepower
'97-'99 -- SOHC -- 161 horsepower

F35-JSF said:
but from A roll probably had to wait to boost pick up to fly past you.....
Probably not, full boost is reached by 3000 rpm.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
its ashame...ive been able to beat some cars people say i cant in a gt..but ive never had the pleasure..or "displeasure" to race a 3000gt..hopefully i will....im as blunt as honest as it gets......so if i get brutally beat.... you will know about it...

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
its ashame...ive been able to beat some cars people say i cant in a gt..but ive never had the pleasure..or "displeasure" to race a 3000gt..hopefully i will....im as blunt as honest as it gets......so if i get brutally beat.... you will know about it...
Any thing can go down on the street. I had a roll on with a Dodge Stealth Rt TT from 50-100 and I was pulling on him at the top of my powerband but He would be back at my door when I my shusher shifted.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mike Morris said:
"dude with my gts i hug with a vr4 from a roll till 3 u should kill that non turbo no problem and vr4 have 320 and i can chill with that car till 3rid"

LMAO!!!

A VR4 runs mid to low 13s. The first turbos were 300HP and the later ones 320 HP. Maybe the dude was toying with you.

To the original poster-who cares run them and find out. A GT should lose to one stock but on the street there are so many variables so who knows. A stock DOHC one is capable of low 15s-a touch slower than a GTS stick.
I believe he hung w/ him. He said "from a roll" VR-4s are complete cows and weigh close to 4000lbs w/ driver. The reason they run 13s is b/c of their crappy AWD system (which is really Front drive w/ rear assist not truly AWD and it is heavy as ****)
AWD only adds a bunch of weight from a roll. ~200hp 2500lb car could easily run w/ a ~300hp 4000lb car.

·
Registered
159 Posts
gnes100 said:
the base model 3000 gt has like 140 hp or somethin like that the SL has the 222 hp and a gts will take out a SL no problem and a gt should take out a base model and be able to hang if not surpas a SL model
Base model= 222hp/205lb/ft tq. all model years, same with SL all DOHC

the base model for the Dodge Stealth (SOHC), which is a mitsu w/ a chrysler designed body= 164hp/185lbs

Stealth R/T (DOHC) = 222hp/205lbs

1 - 20 of 34 Posts