NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would it take for me to achieve this, and about how much would it cost, thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Ship your car to FL do a 3SGTE engine swap and drop down $15,000 with the shop and you got one at 400WHP (tunned low for reliability issues).
Get a C2Power high boost kit with low comp pistons, rods, studs, tranny gears with LSD and spend around $10,000
Get same thing done at SF for around $10,000.
You should read up on turbo and learn about these stuff, you need to not only learn about what kit includes you should read up as to what problems people with turbo already encountered.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
hmmmm.....

1) draper or sf kit (w/out their ECU): $3000
2) pistons & rods : $1100
3) Power fc (or wait for the AEM EMS): $1300
4) install (roughly): $700- $1000
5) electronics: $400
6) injectors (?): $450
6) tuning: $500
7) clutch: $350
8) exhaust: straight pipe by muffler shop: $170

almost $8500....

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Nu Concept said:
hmmmm.....

1) draper or sf kit (w/out their ECU): $3000
2) pistons & rods : $1100
3) Power fc (or wait for the AEM EMS): $1300
4) install (roughly): $700- $1000
5) electronics: $400
6) injectors (?): $450
6) tuning: $500
7) clutch: $350
8) exhaust: straight pipe by muffler shop: $170

almost $8500....
He said GTS - no such thing as a Draper kit.

You also forgot studs, gasket kit, flywheel bolts, upgraded clutch and pressure plate.

In reality tuning will also exceed $500 because of dyno time. $1000 - $1500 is more realistic.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Tranny costs like 3500$ :ugh:

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
edit: yes tranny is around 3500.00

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
youre right mike i was thinking of something else;)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
He said GTS - no such thing as a Draper kit.

You are correct. It's a good thing you brought it up. He would have to buy the XS kit in that case. It comes with the Power FC and would basically be the same price as the other kits w/out ecu + power fc.
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
You also forgot studs, gasket kit, flywheel bolts, upgraded clutch and pressure plate.

In reality tuning will also exceed $500 because of dyno time. $1000 - $1500 is more realistic.
I didnt forget the clutch but i didnt think of the other products. Why are studs and flywheel bolts required?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Nu Concept said:

I didnt forget the clutch but i didnt think of the other products. Why are studs and flywheel bolts required?
Stock head, main, and flywheel bolts are non-reusable because they are intentionally stretched during installation. You need new Toyota flywheel bolts and new Toyota bolts or ARP studs for the mains and head.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Originally posted by Nu Concept
You are correct. It's a good thing you brought it up. He would have to buy the XS kit in that case. It comes with the Power FC and would basically be the same price as the other kits w/out ecu + power fc.

SF kit works perfectly well with PFC, there's absolutely no reason to go XS

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Nu Concept said:
Actually the SF tuner kit + injectors and power FC is cheaper than the XS, and XS is not delivering kits right now anyways - they cite some production problem that they are not disclosing the nature of.

And Matt already answered your other question

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
man that alot of money!!! for 300 whp i figured just a turbo kit and some fuel management. how much psi can the stock internals take with just fuel/timing tuning

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Originally posted by mrtomcat
SF kit works perfectly well with PFC, there's absolutely no reason to go XS
i thought SF hasnt come out with a production gts kit yet ?

Originally posted by bizzibod
man that alot of money!!! for 300 whp i figured just a turbo kit and some fuel management. how much psi can the stock internals take with just fuel/timing tuning
ask smaay. he hit around 270 whp'ish with upgraded injectors, turbo and power fc ..... but he didnt drive it on a daily basis with that much whp- i may be wrong.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
bizzibod said:
to make a very long answer short - the stock internals will only RELIABLY hold about 250whp; if you wanna raise to boost any more than that, you need to buy some pistons, rods, and preferably sleeves

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Nu Concept said:
i thought SF hasnt come out with a production gts kit yet ?

Production GTS kit has been available for a long time. The 03 + GTS (DBW) kit is now available as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts