NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

ive tried the search button and cant find anything
i was just wondering would the 350Z headlights be made to fit out cars??

thing is my car is going in for a respray and lambo door kit put on and iam thinking they could maby retro fit the light just to make it abit different

and also have a carbon hood so maby they would have to cut into that to make it fit??

has any one tried this if so i would appriciate some feed back

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I'd advise against it. For one, cutting into CF is not like trimming other pieces of the car. Also, the 350z's headlamp housing is not exactly like the Celica's and I doubt it would look good at all. Not to mention those things I would imagine are pretty pricey

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
photoshop won't get what you need done. You need to figure in the dimensions of the 350z headlamp housing compared to the Celica's, then you'd have to see how you'd mount it, and it'll probably come off looking very awkward. I seem to remember one person who's done that conversion and it didn't look very good

·
Registered
527 Posts
It was previously done on another celica. It was on a wide body and you would have to bring them farther toward the cetner to fit right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmmmmm

that does indeed look odd
but different

thanx for the pic

dont think i will go for that.

thinking of getting other stuff to doing aswell like taking out the air bad and putting 7ich wide tv and maby gauges moulded into the A piller.the body shop that i use does anything and pretty cheap aswell.

·
Registered
521 Posts
the 350Z headlights dont look that bad...I kinda like it...but not enough for me to spend over $50 to do it (which I know it would be way more than $50).

Personally I dont really like changing the headlights or tailights much beyond stock because those to me are the personality of the car, and if you change those, its really not a celica anymore.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Why would you want to do a headlight conversion when the Celica has one of the most unique headlights around? I would just do an 03+ HID swap which would look much nicer IMO.

·
Registered
44 Posts
CeliChick2003 said:
Why would you want to do a headlight conversion when the Celica has one of the most unique headlights around? I would just do an 03+ HID swap which would look much nicer IMO.

I agree. One thing I can't stand is when people try to cross mix makes. If you why don't you go for head lights that don't already have the same shape. Like supra or MR-S head lights. Just my two cent.

·
Registered
194 Posts
NismoTRD said:
I agree. One thing I can't stand is when people try to cross mix makes. If you why don't you go for head lights that don't already have the same shape. Like supra or MR-S head lights. Just my two cent.
have you seen the nsx with celica head lights? that came out amazing, if your mix matching parts the right way it can look very very nice, key words are to match them right. i'll see if i can find a pic of the nsx.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts