NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
:repost:, i wonder if he built the block..

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by TRDGTS026spd
:repost:, i wonder if he built the block..
Yest, repost from the multimedia section.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by celico_man
yup, and that is the same supra not three different ones, just three different runs....
It said to be the same supra. But its clearly 3 different.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Those guys are hilarious with their John Force burnouts and staging. They go through all that and still can't get manage to get traction.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
the link is dead

Originally posted by Dave B
Those guys are hilarious with their John Force burnouts and staging. They go through all that and still can't get manage to get traction.
The supra isnt an easy car to hook up in, you really need slicks.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
BoyRacer said:
the link is dead

The supra isnt an easy car to hook up in, you really need slicks.
Not necessarily. Friend at work pulls 1.7 60 foots on Toyos with his.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
exactly, its hard to get a decent launch.. but not impossible.. just cant go all out off the line

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
Maybe with proxy T1s. Those are basically the best street tire made though (soft & sticky). We are talking about a fine line, which is basically the same thing.

The other issue is how much power we are talking about.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by BoyRacer
how much power we are talking about.
Talking about power on a Celica site is like talking about anything heterosexual with a man who likes to watch Richard Simmons.

Its useless.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
BoyRacer said:
Maybe with proxy T1s. Those are basically the best street tire made though (soft & sticky). We are talking about a fine line, which is basically the same thing.

The other issue is how much power we are talking about.
They are pretty sticky but I don't think they are T1s - I forget the exact model I will have to ask him.

He hasn't dynoed it but he estimates about 400-425 to the rear wheels.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Supra's kick all ass. This guy is building a supra near my friends house in his garage. This thing is a killer. Has just the stock turbo, but has already managed to pull over 800 hp and 700 lbs out of the engine. They brought it out to the street races and were taking muscle cars money like government cheese.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
A Supra with that much power with stock rods and a stock turbo???

RIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHT! You need rods after 700RWHP. Stock twins are dead past 20psi and a 50 shot.

"Talking about power on a Celica site is like talking about anything heterosexual with a man who likes to watch Richard Simmons"

LMAO!!!!

Most Supras bog with slicks. No power down low,IRS and being somewhat heavy hurts. Built autos on the other hand need slicks for sure beyond BPU.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
eurotoyz said:
Supra's kick all ass. This guy is building a supra near my friends house in his garage. This thing is a killer. Has just the stock turbo, but has already managed to pull over 800 hp and 700 lbs out of the engine. They brought it out to the street races and were taking muscle cars money like government cheese.
You info is incorrect, as Mike says the stock Turbos will die if they are pushed higher than 18-20 psi regularly. and are only good for a maximum of 500bhp with NOS I'd imagine.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by eurotoyz

if this was true i wouldnt have 3 cars that arent supras

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Mike Morris said:
A Supra with that much power with stock rods and a stock turbo???

RIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHT! You need rods after 700RWHP. Stock twins are dead past 20psi and a 50 shot.

"Talking about power on a Celica site is like talking about anything heterosexual with a man who likes to watch Richard Simmons"

LMAO!!!!

Most Supras bog with slicks. No power down low,IRS and being somewhat heavy hurts. Built autos on the other hand need slicks for sure beyond BPU.
Please don't say BPU - saying BPU makes you sounds like one of those gay Supraforums guys.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts