15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple threads relating to this:

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=341886

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=347057

http://www.sdsefi.com/features/mar03celica.htm

http://www.fensport.co.uk/FensportCars/Celica_GT4_X.aspx

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244410&highlight=Fensport+swap

The short answer is don't bother. A 2ZZ can make more power for far less hassle. The 3S-GTE weighs more and requires mods every bit as expensive as the 2ZZ to make less power since the head doesn't flow as well.

The long answer is expect to spend about $10K+ on this swap.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
It's about time someone had the idea to make a thread like this. Thanks boosted. Sticky this in the forced induction section too.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump for sticky

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
Boosted just listed what i have been saying...keep in mind that the 3S-GTE weighs over 2X what the 2ZZ weighs. and you will have to sink in over 4000 in the motor to make big power..Remember i paid over 6500 for my fully built 3S-GTE for my All-Trac, and thats just the motor, not including the custom turbo system and fuel system...

Just another reason not to do it...all this bolted in to the All-Trac, not into the 7th Gen

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Finally... hopefully this should put an end to those useless "can I swap 3SGTE to my 7th-gen celica?" threads...

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
GT211 said:
So your telling me that you would like to reply to about 3 threads a day asking the same thing?..... We all know, People dont always use the search button
Stop replying. Just like I stopped replying to the 50 mindless threads per week about which intake/exhaust is best. Frankly, I think this thread should be moved out of FI and back to performance...

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Great info boost... Very few people are interested in 3S-GTE swaps and like you said, only one person did it. It's not any cheaper than a fully built 2ZZ + C2 tranny... in addition to the extra front weight. So I don't see any reason for the sticky since this post applies to a very few of us.

·
Registered
91 Posts
nyoneway said:
Great info boost... Very few people are interested in 3S-GTE swaps and like you said, only one person did it. It's not any cheaper than a fully built 2ZZ + C2 tranny... in addition to the extra front weight. So I don't see any reason for the sticky since this post applies to a very few of us.
No offense bro, but I think it does deserve a sticky, not because anyone is doing it... BUT because 1 out of 3 n00bs will post about a 3S-GTE swap :rolleyes:...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Urm, isn't the 3S-GTE from the MR2/GT-4(T20) pushing at least 235bhp, the most common version 240bhp and the newest above 240bhp to the crank?!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
03rollas said:
No offense bro, but I think it does deserve a sticky, not because anyone is doing it... BUT because 1 out of 3 n00bs will post about a 3S-GTE swap :rolleyes:...
Those threads were closed.

Maybe I'll put together a noob FAQ. There are many threads that should be stickied and it will filled up the first 2 pages. Sorry I have to be more selective and keep stickies to a minium.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Asha'man said:
Urm, isn't the 3S-GTE from the MR2/GT-4(T20) pushing at least 235bhp, the most common version 240bhp and the newest above 240bhp to the crank?!
Not in the US...

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Asha'man said:
Sure if you get a Gen3 3SGTE which was from 96-99 and never offered in the US.
You would need to import a rear clip MR2 from Japan.

The 5SFE to 3SGTE swap question comes up 5X a day on the MR2 board and the response is the same every time...yet noobs will keep starting new threads about it.

Stickies don't do crap. Noobs don't read stickies, that is one of the reasons they are so annoying.

Good info Boosted 2.0 a great example of a project that can be done, but is not a cost effective way to have a high HP Celica.

Rather than a sticky just create a Noob FAQ and have a link to the unstickied thread. (Close the thread first so that noobs don't revive it 2 years later.)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Argh sure. I was only talking about the gen3 of the 3S-GTE. And there was one guy here in nc.org with the veilside kit, who did this swap.

Sadly I don't remember it's nickname. The swap was quite impressive. But one think to mind is that the weight distribution will change significantly with the heavier engine and this will also affect the easy handling of the fwd celica.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This really ought to be a sticky over in Performance mods section

Bump for morons too lazy to ****ing search

1 - 20 of 50 Posts