NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what happened to the sticky info here? :shrugs:
Apparently nobody checked to see where it went in a while.. I just came across this and found the link today and it went to a T-shirt??? DAfuq??

On a side note, with everyone talking about how horrible the 3SGTE is, maybe I should ask if I can swap a 2zz into my Alltrac.:chuckles:

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
maybe I should ask if I can swap a 2zz into my Alltrac.
thats a terrible idea. for one it wont work with the exhaust on the back side. stick with what belongs in there a 3S-GTE

there is nothing wrong with a 3S-GTE, its just not feasible in a 7th gen. you can build a 2ZZ to make more power for half the cost to put it in.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
thats a terrible idea. for one it wont work with the exhaust on the back side. stick with what belongs in there a 3S-GTE

there is nothing wrong with a 3S-GTE, its just not feasible in a 7th gen. you can build a 2ZZ to make more power for half the cost to put it in.
That was a joke my friend. LOL:rofl:

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Cool deal.

For the Sake of the FAQ Matt - did you guys wind up using your regular off the shelf E153 swap kit (mounts and axles), or did you have to use different mounts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Monkeywrench, since the 3S-GTE fits the Celica engine bay, will the 2AZ-GE fit? I was reading the 2AZ-GE swap area, but some members felt that it would not fit, so I am asking here because you have completed the 3S-GTE swap. It is also my understanding that the 2AZ-GE bolts to the E153. My focus is only can the 2AZ-GE fit using your kit as the AZ series replaced the 3S? I am sure that my reason for wanting to slot in a 2AZ-GE will not please the community. None the less, thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
We've had zero interest in the 2AZ so I'm afraid I don't know. I do know it's quite a long engine so there are likely clearance problems on the ends. The 2AZ would not be my first (or even fifth) choice for a Celica swap.

BTW- price dropped to $9950. Somebody needs to give our 3SGTE car a good home.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Monkeywrench, since the 3S-GTE fits the Celica engine bay, will the 2AZ-GE fit? I was reading the 2AZ-GE swap area, but some members felt that it would not fit, so I am asking here because you have completed the 3S-GTE swap. It is also my understanding that the 2AZ-GE bolts to the E153. My focus is only can the 2AZ-GE fit using your kit as the AZ series replaced the 3S? I am sure that my reason for wanting to slot in a 2AZ-GE will not please the community. None the less, thank you for your time.
2AZ is a horrible swap. 2AR I could understand - same HP but way more displacement and torque. But 2AZ would be a waste of quite a lot of time and money.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.