NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has this ever been tried?? If it is possible, then it would make one badass celica...

·
Registered
514 Posts
I agree but I would miss lift though...

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
3sgte is too big for the Celica engine bay, but you can make it fit, it just takes $$$.

·
Registered
827 Posts
The Game said:
3sgte is too big for the Celica engine bay, but you can make it fit, it just takes $$$.
:werd:

you can do anything if you just have the cash. But with the money you're going to spend on doing that, you probably might be better off just buying a mr2 turbo or all-trac!

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Would it also be a mid-engine like the MR2???

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
no...just the motor and rear wheel drive like the MR2..the motor would still be in the front...so I'm not sure how they were going to drive the wheels from the motor...

btw, this is something that I heard about on this site several months back...so I'm sure somebody else must remember...

Usman

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
I'm hoping to do a 3SGTE swap with an all-trac tranny. I know it will probably cost more than it's worth but, won't it be baddass launching on people in an all wheel drive turbo 7th gen :)

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Ya, I still plan on doing the 3S swap, but it won't be for a year. There is a lot of custom work required to get that motor to fit. So I have to save up the $10k it will cost before I do it. It is soooo tight in there, but the exhaust opening gives it enough room for a nice diff and the tunneling is good enough for the trans axle, but a flat exhaust is needed, as well as some of the firewall needs to be removed. When all said and done, it will probably be better just to make the damn thing mid engined. LOL

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
It would be cheaper and more reliable to build a tube frame car with a V8.

Seriously.

I have yet to hear of a single swap. Heard a lot of people say they were going to or "knew a guy" that was going to, but no dice. Its just a royal pain in the ass. If you want a 3S that bad get an MR2 or an Alltrac Turbo. I picked up my 90 Alltrac for 4K and have heard similar prices from other folks that were willing to wait for one.

Oh hey GTS Nut - I heard a rumor that the Tacoma 5speed manual trans out of the 2wheel drive bolts up to the back of the 3S-GTE without mods, you may want to check that out cause its a LOT cheaper and esier to get parts for than an IS300 5 speed which is what I think you waid you were considering using.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Griffin said:
It would be cheaper and more reliable to build a tube frame car with a V8.

Seriously.

I have yet to hear of a single swap. Heard a lot of people say they were going to or "knew a guy" that was going to, but no dice. Its just a royal pain in the ass. If you want a 3S that bad get an MR2 or an Alltrac Turbo. I picked up my 90 Alltrac for 4K and have heard similar prices from other folks that were willing to wait for one.

Oh hey GTS Nut - I heard a rumor that the Tacoma 5speed manual trans out of the 2wheel drive bolts up to the back of the 3S-GTE without mods, you may want to check that out cause its a LOT cheaper and esier to get parts for than an IS300 5 speed which is what I think you waid you were considering using.
No kidding? Thanks for the info. That will save a lot of dough then. That's one of the biggest expenses. I'll look into it. A custom rear suspension is the other big expense.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts