NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
(I've resisted the tempation to do what a lot of others would do here and I'm gonna try to be helpful)

Yes, we have all heard of this 3zz you speak of.

Basically, its a 2zz block, with a 1zz crank and custom rods and pistons to increase the displacement from 1796cc (somebody correct me if i got that number wrong) to 1940~cc.

Nobody here has one (or nobody that I have seen post here regulary anyway) but a couple of guys are going to have a fully built motor like this soon (Deercelica and Speed 4 the need). We don't have any concrete dyno's of what this motor puts out and in case you havn't guessed already, this is a very expensive engine to have.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so its just a standard 1zz crank??? i also have the blitz sc kit, what power should i end up with after doing the 3zz??

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Your guess is probably as good as mine, but I'd have thought approx 10% gain all over.

Is it worth doing? If you've got money to burn and LOTS of love for the car, sure go ahead. If you want to do it to gain lots of power, then I wouldn't reccomend it personally.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Aerospike has one i believe but that was a long time ago. as far as i know there is nothing special about this engine and it shouldnt be called a 3ZZ. there is an actual toyota engine called the 3ZZ, its like a 1.6L in JDM.

i have a stroked 2ZZ and its awesome with a turbo, im sure the Blitz will respond nicely to it. you can have the engine built by MWR or myself

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
he's all the way over in europe... shipping might get outrageous to have one of the domestic US guys do it...

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The "3ZZ" is similar to the stroker kit that we sell and build as complete engines. Ours is far less expensive and is available without crankshaft for international customers who want to save on shipping. We also have several compression ratios available.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
there is an actual toyota engine called the 3ZZ, its like a 1.6L in JDM.
Yup, 3ZZ-FE 1.6L with all of 110hp was available in all markets except the US. I still don't understand why Trial called their stroker a 3ZZ when the actual 3ZZ-FE was made by Toyota. Should have called it 1.5ZZ since it's a 2ZZ with 1ZZ crank, like people call the 1.5JZ which is a 2JZ with a 1JZ head. :shrugs:

·
Registered
636 Posts
^ After reading that through three times it makes sense... A lot of 3, 2, 1's in there.. lol

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
my stroker 2zz "3zz" ran for about 80 miles before i had to take the head back off for rebuild by MWR, in addition to piper stage 2 cams and valve job.. i'm still waiting on thier machine shop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts