NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"4.6L Triton dohc V8 bored .40 over supercharged and intercooled 30psi max boost"

This dude signed my wall on myspace, and was like I'll race you, it was an old Grand Marquis, or Crown Vic. it also had the spotlight that cops have and brush bumpers.
This is what he wrote on my wall...

4.6L Triton dohc V8 bored .40 over supercharged and intercooled 30psi max boost... next NOS and propane injection kits

Is this even possible, true?? Let me know what you think, so I can correct him if he's being dumb, and if I'm being dumb, then I'll learn, but 30psi and supercharger?

·
Registered
521 Posts
30psi is pretty steep...I dont know what to tell you. If your boosted I'd say your probably ok, cause it will take about 400+hp in that bohemith to keep up with 250hp in a small car like the celica.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Yes its possible. You can run alot of boost on a V8. He could be talking about a centrifugal supercharger. But a roots style blower while not entirely efficient can put out a good amount of pressure.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blowers are visible from the outside, right? His hood is flat, it looks just like a red cop car, unmarked.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
LotusGt111 said:
Blowers are visible from the outside, right? His hood is flat, it looks just like a red cop car, unmarked.

Not all the time. I see a lot of trucks and such with a supercharger, and they don't have any external mods.

if he says he has an intercooler, that will probably be visible from outside.

and yes, tritons are 3v per cyl and SOHC.

Either way I call :bs:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
techgeekwill said:
Not all the time. I see a lot of trucks and such with a supercharger, and they don't have any external mods.

if he says he has an intercooler, that will probably be visible from outside.

and yes, tritons are 3v per cyl and SOHC.

Either way I call :bs:

lol, yea definitely, he was just being a jerk, lol, so I want to correct him, so what better way than to get educated than here!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Race him, He's obviously a liar....

Superchargers generally run @ 0.48 bar, ~ Very unlikely you will get one @ 30 psi Turbo's dont even go that high without major mods...

My Blitz SC runs @ 6psi, and I know Gravel's Greddy one runs @ 7.5psi ~ This is more or less max as there are alot easier ways of upping BHP than trying to increase SC boost.

Call his bluff. =)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Foxtrck said:
Race him, He's obviously a liar....

Superchargers generally run @ 0.48 bar, ~ Very unlikely you will get one @ 30 psi Turbo's dont even go that high without major mods...

My Blitz SC runs @ 6psi, and I know Gravel's Greddy one runs @ 7.5psi ~ This is more or less max as there are alot easier ways of upping BHP than trying to increase SC boost.

Call his bluff. =)

That and propane injection is for diesels

1 - 11 of 11 Posts