Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same ol
P0420
P0440
P0441
P0446

Its cat below effic, purge valve problem, evap problem.

I'm thinking my busted exhaust finally needs to go..

·
Registered
68 Posts
hey what do ya know, i have the same exact codes. i've had them for awhile now. part of my exhaust has a big dent in it. i wonder if that would throw the code? anyhows if you ever get to the bottom of this, post it. i'm very interested to hear.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,663 Posts
My guess... (while 1zzfe-man is correct about lowest code)... your bad Evap system problem is probably causing you to run too rich & the cat can't handle it or it has toasted the cat. Sounds like the purge system might be running wide open... try clamping the evap hose to the throttle body/IM & see if the P0420 code clears. If you've added a CAI/SRI... make sure you have the correct electrical connections going to the EVAP solenoids.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Like he said make sure everythings plugged in under your hood. 440 and 441 all can be cause by loose gas cap or not sealing gas cap. 420 is almost always your catalyst. you prolly need a new converter. It can also be your post cat 02 or yur ecm but those r unlikely. Cats are warrantied by manufacturer for 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
562 Posts
bunnarith said:
hey what do ya know, i have the same exact codes. i've had them for awhile now. part of my exhaust has a big dent in it. i wonder if that would throw the code? anyhows if you ever get to the bottom of this, post it. i'm very interested to hear.
also if you have a DMM test the 02 sensor, output and heater circuit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.