NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)WHats the Best brand of N2O for celica
2)How Long will the bottle last at 50shot? (10lbs)
3)Can I pop a nitrous on 1st gear???
4) how much did you guys pay for installs?

·
Banned
3,768 Posts
1. Nitrous Express
2. About 10 1/4 mile runs
3. Pop the nitrous in 1st gear? do you mean use it? Yes. You can.
4. $650

research nitrous before you buy it, ok? the more you know the better! your car will thank you :)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
1: NX (Nitrous Express)

2:10 - 12 1/4 runs

3: You can, but DON'T!!!!!!!! You wont grab traction and you will burn up your trans and engin.

4:I payed $600 for kit and Install

·
Registered
357 Posts
1. Nitrous Express

2. 10 give or take a couple (depends on if you squeeze in 1st and if you're on it all the way through the gears)

3. You can most definately use n20 in 1st, just not on the launch. after you get going and have your traction, you can squeeze. BUT our cars have a rather short 1st gear, so be careful not to hit the rev limiter (BIG NO NO)

4. $530 for the EFI kit + gen2 upgrade (hooked up). did install myself... it really isn't that hard (really). it's just simple +/- wiring.. the hardest part was the solenoid mounting, but with planning, even that is pretty easy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so after 10sec of squeezing it i have to refill the bottle? is there some more inside??

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
???
NO!
Not ten seconds, LMAO
Ten races.
Talk about a rip off if you only got 10seconds for$18 a pop. LMAO
Dude, its 10 -12 races depending on how fast your reaction time is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh!!!!!!!!!!! i thought you meant 10 sec for whole bottle lol

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Rated-GT said:
1)WHats the Best brand of N2O for celica
2)How Long will the bottle last at 50shot? (10lbs)
3)Can I pop a nitrous on 1st gear???
4) how much did you guys pay for installs?
1.)Best Brand? Not really a best. NX is the current "poser, i need to have it F&F style" brand, but they all work the same, but at the same time, I can go to just about any shop in town(including the bigger checkers) and get a fogger, solinoids, jets, etc for NOS and 9 time out of 10, in STOCK. NX, 'thats be about a week or so before I can get that in'

2.) 10+ full passes one night, with purges, and still had a good 5lbs left.

3.) Yes, if you have slicks

4.) Goose egg, any jackoff with a pair of plyers and some wire crimpers can install it. Oh, and u need a dril for ur fogger and some basic wrenches/sockets.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Scary...

·
Registered
880 Posts
D_mn is the all these prices without the GEN2 upgrade, if not where the hell did you buy these kits for that PRICE? I am looking around 1100 for the complete kit, NX50, GEN 2 Upgrade, and remote bottle opener..

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
GT-Skid said:
D_mn is the all these prices without the GEN2 upgrade, if not where the hell did you buy these kits for that PRICE? I am looking around 1100 for the complete kit, NX50, GEN 2 Upgrade, and remote bottle opener..
Ok, here's a better Idea....buy a standar NOS kit, $499.99 just about anywhere....

Then buy an NOS bottle heater $100, Pressure guage, $40, Blowdown Tube and Fitting for bottle, $40. $700, full kit.....no BS...and just open the damn bottle yourself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
nos

i've got a 00 gts i put a nos wet kit (50 shot) on my car
i'm having problems i hit the nos and it just boggs down
what it is the problem it fells like it is getting to much fuel?
my nos is tapped in my intake

1 - 12 of 12 Posts