NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm new here. I was just wandering if what i have heard is true. I have heard several places that a 5 spd. celica gt is faster than an automatic celica gt-s. Is this true?

·
Registered
936 Posts
YES... very true the automatic gearing on the Auto GTS is horrible. Actually an Auto GT can beat an Auto GTS

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
GT manual > GTS automatic.

Gts automatic, I believe is the slowest out of the 7th gen celica family. Cause it has along power band, something like that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn, that sucks(especially since i have one, dad bought it)! what does a stock auto gt-s run in a quarter mile? What would one be expected to do w/ a greddy supercharger, 50 shot of nitrous, and supporting mods (b/c that was my plan)?

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
spdysupra1 said:
auto gts<auto gt<man gt<man gts
:laugh:
celi-speed said:
damn, that sucks(especially since i have one, dad bought it)! what does a stock auto gt-s run in a quarter mile? What would one be expected to do w/ a greddy supercharger, 50 shot of nitrous, and supporting mods (b/c that was my plan)?
mid 14's is the best have seen so far. Stock they are low 17's.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm sure a good 60% of us Auto Celica owners have accepted that we only "look fast" :chuckles:

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
SOAPY said:
I'm sure a good 60% of us Auto Celica owners have accepted that we only "look fast" :chuckles:
:sadpace:

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
TrD CeLiCa said:
Cause it has along power band, something like that.
long powerband would be nice for all gt-s model, which means we can stay in lift longer...what you meant was, it's takes forever to reach its powerband, and the powerband itself is narrow...

SOAPY said:
not just auto celica, it's actually most toyotas are "look fast"...

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
ragingpaseo said:

Agree, most are, the MarkIV Supra TT being an exception

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont care if i look fast. I love how my car looks..well.. will look after the shop. but i mean hey, i goto point a to point b. I use my supra for racing (even tho that too is a auto) bah... *shrug*

·
Registered
62 Posts
ragingpaseo said:
long powerband would be nice for all gt-s model, which means we can stay in lift longer...what you meant was, it's takes forever to reach its powerband, and the powerband itself is narrow...

I think the only toyota "look fasts" are celica, and perhaps the base model supras...

not sayng the rest of the toyotas are fast, im saying they are as fast as their looks... as opposed to my 5spd GT which has body styling that finishes the 1/4 mile a whole 3 seconds b4 the engine does

1 - 14 of 14 Posts