NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k..so if you haven't read my other post i have 500 and i cant get my catback (****ing cali laws *caugh* ) so i'm getting the following
-TYC REDS
-OPTiMA YELL0W T0P
-VOlTAGE STABiLiZER (i know i'm not going to feel much of a gain)
-left overs for me for once

good use of 500?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
all the mods you've listed are show..jdm sidemarkers are a good grab as well. maybe a tint on your ride to blow the rest of your cash.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
why dont u list the parts you have first? and we can see what u need to make it look better

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my bad uhm..im not looking for a show car, and i dont race..i like to go fast..but i dont race if that makes any sence..too many kids dying down here but here are ALL of my mods
-AEM CAi
-short shifter
-subbs/amp
-black altezzas (^switching to tyc reds^)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
if you like to go fast then just go on the highway and top it out...thats like suiting up in basketball gear and sitting in the stands...its impossible to modify your car and not race..with my first big purchase i got something for every category..springs,intake,exhaust,cf hood, wheels..now im going more in depth with header, clutch and flywheel etc...but seeing how your not interested in racing i would just cover the basics...wheels, drop and upgrade your stereo system and suspension.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah..forgot to mention im 17 n i get 7.75/hr lol so im kina limited money wise..i can always save up..but anyways thanks for the advice everyone

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is a dumb ? but i dont know the answer so yeah..will my yellowtop and voltagemanagement in conjunction with eachother give me any hp/tq/throttle response increases? and why if so

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i can answer this question for $500! i :chiglaugh

i have a 2000W amp and a kicker L7 15" so my lights used to dim, once i got a capacitor, it stopped. think of the voltage stabalizer as a device that makes sure everything using electricity gets the amount it needs. i think its somewhat like a capacitor. so it will run efficiently as possible aka, the voltage will not fluctuate. as to whether it will gain hp/torque... hell no. but it will prevent you from loosing hp/torque by underpowered spark plugs. this is my guess, but a guess nonetheless. hey that rhymed haha.

the answer to the 500$ question. Before you start spending $ on performance, i advise you to gain some knowledge about cars. you don't want to put all this money into your car and end up dissapointed because you can't get the results you want. you'll end up selling your car and loosing lots of money, and at the same time, bring down the value of your car by adding aftermarket parts. then go on a quest trading/swapping for stock parts. many are doing this right now. which may be an advantage to you since you can get used parts fairly cheap.

so decide what you want to do with your car, in the long run, then work towards that goal. be advised that making our celicas faster isn't cheap. which you WILL find out sooner or later. so keep surfing this forum, gain knowledge, and find out there is alot of potential in our zz motors, but it's not cheap.

what i do w/500 dollars, double cheeseburger from mcdonalds, and buy parts that when replaced, i can sell the old one, which i can use the money for more parts that i can sell for new parts.

sorry for the long post, i hope this helps, i'm selling stuff on ebay and i surf this site to take a break. dammn this took 10 mins. i'll only charge you 495 for answering your question

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
techgeekwill said:
use the $500 to get speech lessons.

Then move out of cali.
typing lessons may come for free with this. The "Shift" key is only supposed to be used when starting a sentence, starting a proper noun, or using a function key such as #%&* (Shift + a number). There that lesson was for free!

·
Registered
94 Posts
^ I'm with him

·
Registered
273 Posts
^ :werd:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
oh yeah, just buy simple things to make the car look good. and save the rest for more important things. there's not much that you can gain with simple bolt ons, HP these days are expensive and a lot of work.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I wouldn't buy a voltage stabilizer.. Ground wires + capacitor would do the same thing, for cheaper..

If you want a little more performance, why not a new muffler and header?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts